2.0 Tdi cjaa tuning

Mrjeepguy

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
I am currently doing a cr swap in my 06 mk5 jetta tdi, got wiring pretty much done. i have emailed malone back in September 2019 and spoke with Owain about my project. finally at the point to get tuning setup to get the engine to run, i have emailed malone tuning a few weeks ago about availability of tuning and doing a immobilizer delete during this covid thing that's going on but got no reply back. I do realize they are working from home. Was wondering if anyone knows if they have an eta on reopening?

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
Kerma can do a standalone and immo delete and tune if desired. He has done a couple for me. I am pretty sure they are open.

I got no reply for weeks either from Malone on a separate 1.4 gasser swap project.

I get the stay home thing, but software can be done at home.

Mrjeepguy

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
I got it my swap pretty much done, working on some bugs i got electrical wise, thinking i need to get the tuning done next to work on them. I did go on kerma tdis website about tuning, but seen they do not do dpf, egr delete tuning with there tunes. I'm not retaining the dpf or egr with my swap, i might look into seeing if kerma can do the immo delete and just keep trying to get ahold of malone or might contact darkside developments in the uk again and see if they do a similar stage 2 tune as malone. Seems like i'm not the only one. I do get the stay at home also but at least a reply back to an email to know when can place the tune order.

Mrjeepguy

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
pdq import repair I have been looking over similar swaps that im doing on here and seen you have accomplished a cjaa cr swap. only issue i see that im having is the ecu relay in fuse box b stays energized with key off and can hear the fuel metering valve stays on {buzzing}. haven't been able to find out what controls that relay and see if A. I didn't wire something correct. B. if i didn't pin in a wire or if it is a coding issue. Not sure if you have an idea whats causing that. i did get the engine to start in my car. and can communicate with the ecu with vcds

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Dieselherb did the same swap. You may want to look him up. Pretty sure that he has his dialed in.

Mrjeepguy

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
Just wanted to give an update. i got a hold of the guys at tunemyeuro and got my ecu tuned and immo deleted, great pricing. should be receiving my ecu back tomorrow. found my wiring issue also. had terminal 30 {hot at all times} power going directly to pin 87 on ecu. that circuit is supposed to get power from terminal 15 {key hot} we will see how everything turns out when i get my tune ecu tomorrow.