2.0 tdi 170ps bmn @ 306ps 572nm

deliver1003

TDI
A3 PPD 170
Guyz,

I've got a question. It seems like u all know things about ppd.

Here is my car, A3 quattro BMN.
Mods:
GTB2056Vk,
DPF delete
EGR delete
Open exhaust
around 84 mg/stroke stock recalled injectors
1,58 Bar maximum

Is there any way make it more better? That is all my tuner can do with PPD 1.2
He sad it would be better with Bosch. Now i have no smoke at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFJ6rH_H8I

Here is the graph (230ps, 460 Nm)

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
you need much more boost, like 2.2bar

deliver1003

TDI
A3 PPD 170
Ryanp

I think my car goes to limp when we go over 1,6 Bar.
I dont really know why they can't trick it out. (Maf)
So you think we can go over 230Hp (Safe) with stock injectors?
This is an every day car.
Is there anybody who can modify my map better? I would like to contact him.
I've got a full dbm read.

Thanks a lot.

David

deliver1003

TDI
A3 PPD 170
Yeah this number is just BHP... Depents on many things... can you tell me injection quantity? Thats what i looking for. And i need definetly a 3 bar MAP sensor. For first round.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
300 hp with under 2 bar boost is a pipedream :) at least at the rpm the stock head and pd system wil work well.

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
General from all discussions about PPD's more-or-less stock injectors can be opened around 42-45°, and that is around 90's mgs of fuel. How much boost is needed to burn that amount of fuel?

Power gains ... some tuners told me that max is 220hp without smoke and 240hp with lot of smoke. Some say that maximum is from 250-270hp. Kilner say between 260 and 280.

These are facts i used to gather during reading others experience.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
stock injectors flow upto 290bhp
no trickery needed for high boost
You're only telling half the story ! These are all Uk Bhp on that dyno, as above, what was the duration to inject that much fuel for 300 Bhp ? Of course you will keep it all for yourself...

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
You're only telling half the story ! These are all Uk Bhp on that dyno, as above, what was the duration to inject that much fuel for 300 Bhp ? Of course you will keep it all for yourself...

ofc im goin to keep it to myself

if you ring coca cola or somthing like that and ask for the recipe in detail what answer do you think you will get

hows about you put in the 3+ years that i have to try and understand this one engine and ecu

then see how fast you want to give out that information for free

btw even if you tried my settings it would not work as mechanical tuning is the key the mapping is the icing on the cake if the mechanical side is not set between a very tight tolerance you will never get anywhere near the power i have no matter how much fuel or boost you try to run

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
3bar is the stock map sensor now think about the reasson you would need a 4bar map

you think a 3bar has a lot of head room if your only running 1.7bar yet you forget you have to add on atmospheric pressure so that brings it to around 2.7bar .3bar remaining and you need well over 2.2bar to have a chance so now 2.2bar add the 1bar for atmosphere 3.2 now you have a problem boost limiters and everything kicking in causing issues

so you need a 4bar map sensor

2.3bar is about 250 - 260bhp

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
then you should stay away from forums where people help each other and share information...

JW

ok how much boost , duration , iq , soi are you running for 260 on your setup

i asked just the same as him so now i should expect a full list of everything

and your tuner will love you for making everything public

deliver1003

TDI
A3 PPD 170
Kilner,
If you know please, tell me how i have 230HP with 75mg/ str. on 1,58 Bar.
Uniqaz did some modificaton On my map, and now 81mg/str. Havent measured it but it should be around 240 -245 HP.
Have a GTB2056 in my car.
I think my duration is much lower then 40.

struikie

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d E91
ok how much boost , duration , iq , soi are you running for 260 on your setup

i asked just the same as him so now i should expect a full list of everything

and your tuner will love you for making everything public
don't ask me... I'm not a tuner...
info@vanvught-tuning.nl knock yourself out...

everything about boost , duration , iq , soi has been discussed
on this forum in great length...

I just have an allergy for 'secrets'...

JW

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
don't ask me... I'm not a tuner...
info@vanvught-tuning.nl knock yourself out...

everything about boost , duration , iq , soi has been discussed
on this forum in great length...

I just have an allergy for 'secrets'...

JW
its not a secret id just rather not say if i say something and he blows his engine it was me that said those settings

my settings are not safe and are not to be used by people who have no idea what is going on my map is setup for as much power as possible over a short period of time

if this map had to be used on a circuit for 6+ laps the engine would melt down after the second lap

but people thing they can run as much power as the engine can produce and then do a prolonged top speed run and everything be ok

depending what you use the car for and the way you drive it would depend on the kind of map you need people would say my map is retarded and not safe but for what i need and how i drive it is perfectly fine

on the ppd 170 on stock you are looking at 205-215 safe after 215bhp on stock engine the egt are over a 1000c and with a hybrid it just makes the problem even worse so i do not recommend a hybrid on the ppd 170

and i dont recommend pushing over 215 if you intend to do prolonged track sessions or top speed runs

i hope the above clears things up on why i dont want to say anything

mayb like saying i run 34 soi and then some one decides to try it and lifts the head i would rather not say for the safty of other peoples engines

but 47 deg duration and around 2.3bar should see around 260 mayb 270 bhp

then you can add more fuel and boost but you are hiting high diminishing returns were heat starts to rise very fast smoke levels rise very high and bhp may only rise by 2bhp and you gained an extra 300c egt and a lot of smoke

the question is how far do you want to push it and do you want to blow it ? me giving my settings will help no one other than some one coppy them and blow somthign up

struikie

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d E91
there is no way that you would be responsible for actions another person do to their own stuff...

JW

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Cam timing makes a huge difference in power (and increased EGT's) but its a balancing act with white smoking also.

46degrees duration + 2.3bar boost = 260hp smoke free on a reliable Dyno, EGT's were just under 1000 (980iirc), after 3 or 4 pulls the ECU would limit fuel slightly to keep them below the sensor max reading.

I have a set of 50% increase injectors but due to a lack of time / enthusiasm about tuning PPD's i did not have much testing time. 290hp with 36degrees IIRC.
They are not BKD injectors bodged up to work like we have seen before, those just dont work!!

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
Thanks ryan that is real valuable info. I cant wait to get new map with 4bar map for a few days. Smokefree with 46 duration? Can you reveal what soi? Any problems with head lifting?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
SOI, dont have a log but we dont go crazy, maybe +4 over stock at 5200 RPM

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
How much Egt you recommend max? How much duration you tried max before there are no any gains?