2.0 common rail injector disassembly?

Hornblende1

TDI
2004 Jetta
I have an issue where very small debris got into an injector, causing all fuel to bypass that injector and cause a no start due to no fuel pressure. I don’t think it needs to be replaced, and I’d like to try and disassemble, thoroughly clean and reassemble it myself to save a bunch of money. I’ve tried this before with a set of old injectors, but any wrench I could get on there (closest size I could fit down to the closest 32nd) would just slip off. So my question is, what is involved in disassembling these injectors.

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
Don't do it. One bad injector will not cause no start. Misfire yes. Each injector is a separate line off pump correct? Even if common rail should still run, like poop though.

Hornblende1

TDI
2004 Jetta
Don't do it. One bad injector will not cause no start. Misfire yes. Each injector is a separate line off pump correct? Even if common rail should still run, like poop though.
Well the issue is, there is a ton of fuel coming through the injector return line, and it’s only building 32 bar instead of 150 bar required to start. There is no metal in the rail, so my pump is fine (it only has 4k miles on it). The pressure regulator on the rail is not bypassing any fuel either, that indicates the pressure is being lost through injector return lines

Shoveltrev

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle deceased, 2003 jetta . 2002 jetta , 2012 sportwagon
tghey are not user serviceable . buy a used one or a reman and one injector returning too uch fuel will most definely cause a no start