TDI
1997 B4 Passat tdi, 1996 Passat B4V
Yes someone manage to hit the front end of my car. I need the following
Headlight Right for sure
Headlight left - might be able to epoxy
Front Grill
Left and righ side marker light yellow - the ones beside the headlight
Right drivers signal light assemble

This is a immaculate 90 mile all original wagon that insurance company wants to write off.

If you could send me an email vixentd@gmail.com if you might have any parts. I am on the west coast.

Thanks

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
To avoid insurance company write off when I was faced with a similar situation and discussed here on the Forum in some detail, I contacted NiceCarsTDI (I am well aware of their mixed reputation here on the Forum) and paid for a private estimate as allowed by Virginia law when car owner disagrees with estimate by insurance company. I provided lots of pictures and details of my 1996 B4V project that I had upgraded with VR6 B4V suspension and every option inside out that came on the B4V GLX except the ABS brakes. I had documented all German OEM parts or best available parts (no cheap crap) I used, as well as cluster conversion, e-psec headlights, German smoked tailights, e-spec correct OEM roof rack etc. Nicecartdi came back with a replacement estimate of over 22K and a record of his estimates going back many years all accepted by various insurance companies. My insurance company relented and instead of their totaling my B4V and giving a 1500 check, they agreed to pay for repair.

klazzic

TDI
B4V & NMS
Yes someone manage to hit the front end of my car. I need the following
Headlight Right for sure
Headlight left - might be able to epoxy
Front Grill
Left and righ side marker light yellow - the ones beside the headlight
Right drivers signal light assemble

This is a immaculate 90 mile all original wagon that insurance company wants to write off.

If you could send me an email vixentd@gmail.com if you might have any parts. I am on the west coast.

Thanks
Not sure if you are still in need of parts? I have both (US spec) headlights and maybe one running light you're looking for. I believe the headlights need a good buffing but can clean up nice. I would have to did the storage container out of my garage..it is currently buried.

klazzic

TDI
B4V & NMS
To avoid insurance company write off when I was faced with a similar situation and discussed here on the Forum in some detail, I contacted NiceCarsTDI (I am well aware of their mixed reputation here on the Forum) and paid for a private estimate as allowed by Virginia law when car owner disagrees with estimate by insurance company. I provided lots of pictures and details of my 1996 B4V project that I had upgraded with VR6 B4V suspension and every option inside out that came on the B4V GLX except the ABS brakes. I had documented all German OEM parts or best available parts (no cheap crap) I used, as well as cluster conversion, e-psec headlights, German smoked tailights, e-spec correct OEM roof rack etc. Nicecartdi came back with a replacement estimate of over 22K and a record of his estimates going back many years all accepted by various insurance companies. My insurance company relented and instead of their totaling my B4V and giving a 1500 check, they agreed to pay for repair.
TDIL3dad, I want to actually do something similar like some folks have done for hotrods or collectors vehicles. Present a stack of paperwork and make the case there weren't many of these vehicles imported etc. and get the correct type of insurance coverage to avoid fighting the insurance company if something where to happen. I remember in Europe how many of the B3/4's I saw growing up. It's like once in a blue moon one is spotted here in the US.