1996 Passat B4S Parts

Diesel_Aggie

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V
I know some of you were looking for parts to get cars back on the road in the last 6 months. I've got a white/tan cloth 1996 B4S TDI that I have maybe less that a week to get off my property before the city has a heart attack. The front clip was donated to my other B4S TDI. The engine broke a timing belt. The car has been sitting with the front clip off for over a year in the weather. Also front windows have been open for an unknown time. It was sitting at a body shop and at one time the windows were taped shut.

I'm for sure keeping console/lid, ECM, transmission (if I have time to pull), tail lights, cluster, both A pillars (going on one of my B4Vs with heavy rust on pillars) and engine accessories. It's been years since I've done much wrenching on B4s so if you know how the part comes off please remind me.

PM me with parts requests and a phone number. I'd like to get enough to cover my time to remove parts and go to the Post Office. The most important thing is for the parts to go to good homes. If you are not in the USA, PM me and we can try and work something out for shipping.

Unless you are able to come to the Dallas, TX area I'm only willing to ship items that fit in a USPS priority mail boxes AND can be easily removed in say 15 minutes or less. I lack spare time. The remainder will be hauled off to which ever salvage yard can pick it up first. The car is sitting on a trailer and close to falling through the rotten wood. I don't think getting parts from underneath will be practical or safe for my continued life.

Pictures now below! Thanks Jhax!

I realize this probably should have been in the Parts for Sale area. I put it here as I think more read this than the For Sale area. With the short time I have before scrapping I feel this is the best way to get the most parts to people who need them.

Trying to see if inserting link below allows pictures to be seen.

Last edited:

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
pics.tdiclub.com

Diesel_Aggie

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V
While I can keep a flat bed trailer and RV with a 6' fence parts cars are considered the devil. We have 5 fully clothed 96 TDIs on the property that they don't ***** about if the registrations are current. I guess they consider the no front clip B4 to be a Big City Stripper (Cory Morrow song) and such things are not allowed in polite society.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Wish I had the time to come fetch it, a clean carcass is worth having TBH..

Steve

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
I'm looking for the front turn signals, if they are not broken or faded. Also possibly headlights depending on condition/price.

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
Need all 4 floor pans for my B4V rebuild if available.

T-Roy

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 ECOdiesel AHU
Sent you a message Diesel_Aggie.
I'm local and would like to grab a few things off of it this weekend if you still have it.

T-Roy

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 ECOdiesel AHU
Yes, Diesel_Aggie was extremely generous and since he was going out of town on vacation the next day, it was apparently much easier and less stressful logistically for him to deliver me the entire car than deal with trying to scrap it in the city. Talk about right place at the right time! So now it sits out in the yard.

I am starting to get cars and parts together for a semi-built AHU swap into a MK2 Jetta ECOdiesel and this car will help provide those parts. (going to start a build thread in the TDI Conversions section soon)

I know there were people still wanting some parts off of it, but about all I can confidently save or offer right now would be body parts and stuff I know for sure I won't need.

I have removed the seats and very nasty carpet and vacuumed all the water that was sitting in it. Everything has been sitting nice and dry for over a week now. There are no rust holes through the floor pans, but they are not perfect and they are rusty in some spots.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Yes, Diesel_Aggie was extremely generous and since he was going out of town on vacation the next day, it was apparently much easier and less stressful logistically for him to deliver me the entire car than deal with trying to scrap it in the city. Talk about right place at the right time! So now it sits out in the yard.

I am starting to get cars and parts together for a semi-built AHU swap into a MK2 Jetta ECOdiesel and this car will help provide those parts. (going to start a build thread in the TDI Conversions section soon)

I know there were people still wanting some parts off of it, but about all I can confidently save or offer right now would be body parts and stuff I know for sure I won't need.

I have removed the seats and very nasty carpet and vacuumed all the water that was sitting in it. Everything has been sitting nice and dry for over a week now. There are no rust holes through the floor pans, but they are not perfect and they are rusty in some spots.

I didn't realize you were back in TX! I was wondering how it was going, been a few years since we spoke.

Steve

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
I'm looking for the little plastic part that holds the inboard side of the passenger sun visor.

T-Roy

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 ECOdiesel AHU
I didn't realize you were back in TX! I was wondering how it was going, been a few years since we spoke.

Steve
Hey Steve! Yea lots changed since we last spoke - I enrolled at ISU in Fall 2017 to finish my Bachelors, transferred in as a junior with credits I had from a previous Associates degree. We moved into a house closer to the university and I pretty much just went to school full time and worked downtown for 2 years. Built a motorized bicycle to commute to school and work with so I wasn't putting tons of short, cold trips on my diesels. We knew we didn't want to live in Iowa forever and an opportunity came open for my wife to teach online at a university closer to where we grew up in Texas, so we moved back at the end of 2019 after I graduated.

The plan was to live in a small RV my mother-in-law wasn't using short term until I found a job in the Dallas area and then move closer to wherever my job was. I spent most of January and part of February getting this RV that had sat in a pasture for a few years running and livable again. Started seriously applying to jobs at the end of February, but this is when all the COVID stuff really started ramping up, so it was an AWFUL 5-6 months of job hunting during this time. Finally got a job about a month ago working from home until at least the end of the year, hopefully longer we will see.

We are cleaning out an old garage to make room for a bunch of my VW diesel projects and cars now (MK2 TDI swap and 1.6TD into a Rabbit pickup). There's a complete, original, one owner 1960 Beetle buried in there since 1979 that was my grandpa's we are probably going to sell as we aren't into the air-cooled's.

I'm looking for the little plastic part that holds the inboard side of the passenger sun visor.
The entire A pillar's are gone and there is no headliner or much of an interior, those sun visor clips are nowhere to be found on this car unfortunately :(.

Diesel_Aggie

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V
This is the company I bought the plastic repair kit from. It has worked great. I saw it at SEMA one year and the demonstration was impressive. The results are also impressive. I bought the master kit.

Swishmat

TDI
B4 passat
Does anyone have the little black triangle pieces that go on above the door panels on the front it would be where the mirror