1996 B4V TDI 5-speed Blue with Grey interior

Tarasevich

TDI
2013 Red 6-speed Sportwagen1996 Blue Passat, 1996 Green Passat
Sorry, yes a Sedan

Sorry i can't get the pics on the ad. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I am going wrong then please advise. I don't see an option to upload them from my hard drive and the link feature keeps failing.

Anyway, it is a Sedan not a wagon. Not as pristine as the beauty just posted yesterday, but priced right and in excellent condition.

Last timing belt change was done in July 2010 about 34K ago.

Shoot me an email if interested in seeing pics or coming by to check it out.

Thanks

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Sorry i can't get the pics on the ad. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I am going wrong then please advise. I don't see an option to upload them from my hard drive and the link feature keeps failing........
Search "how to upload pictures" yields results
You could paste in the link to the Craig's ad...but to be honest, anyone considering the car or even just checking out the competition ;) has seen it!
........Not as pristine as the beauty just posted yesterday,......
Thanks man:cool:

...Last timing belt change was done in July 2010 about 34K ago.....
Good info! Another key piece of info would be to disclose if you know at what mileage the cluster was swapped. My T-Red baby Passat fell victim to a dead cluster, but fortunately has a fully documented swap so is not a TMU car...

Good luck with the sale :)

Tarasevich

TDI
Great, Thanks. The odo was done at 90K originally by the previous owner as i am told. Since I wasn't the customer Minuteman VW couldn't give me the record, and the car was sold to me as TMU in 2009.
My car looks exactly like yours, not as shiny, but about 3x the mileage, a non traditional headliner replacement and a glx trunk lid. I like the rims and the really nice paint job as well. Sorry, I thought my email was in my profile. I will throw it in there now. I appreciate all the help. I am a novice at these things. Best of luck to you as well.

Tarasevich

TDI
A few other pics
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/5882/thumbs/The_rust_spot_on_car.jpg

Tarasevich

TDI
Off to auction???

A lot of first time TDI buyers interested, but offers way too low. Any of you folks have luck at Auction? There is one near me, if I put it up there TDI folks who can't make it right out to see can see it there or bid online. I have too many cars now inhabiting driveway and street.

diesel steve

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 b4v
You don't seem out of line with what you are asking. If you are in a hurry to sell you will have to give it away. Craigslist has good results but you have to be pataint. Autotrader also has good results but the adds cost.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
A few other pics
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/5882/thumbs/The_rust_spot_on_car.jpg
on the photos server where you uploaded the pics...if you click on the icon at the far right where you got the link, it will show you two more links....copy the one that has just, only
on either end of the link...and past that into your post for each pic (open two windows)..that should show the image full sized in this thread....do a "preview post" while writing and you will see what we all see. Should work, I hope I explained it properly.
I've not seen the car so I have no comment on your asking price. You're honest and up front so it should sell via these forums. Plenty of lowballers here and everywhere. Hey, us Diesel people have been know to be cheap so, don't be offended :p:D.

Cheers!

Tarasevich

TDI
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help folks. Much appreciated. It is indeed a lot of work to do a private sale. But I am sure we will get there. :D

Tarasevich

TDI
Lowered Price

See ad below. I lowered the price an additional $250.:D

Tarasevich

TDI
Thanks

Yes I have, and based on the several visits I have had, the price gets its final lowering to move this thing. I want to use the money to do the body work on my green B4 rather than move the greasekit. Of course, if someone mad me an offer on that one... I'll sell and keep either. Just have to move one. Look below for lower price on a clean, 99% rust free B4TDI.

Tarasevich

TDI
Look Down, B4 TDI at bottom line price - $2000

OK folks. Those of you who have been by through craigslist or TDIclub, I have lowered the price to $2000 flat. This does not include the CV joint repair ($335 - deposit required - had two buyers who never came back):eek:. It does not include the window regulator $65 - repaired.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
It is with some trepidation I write this, because I am sure it will spurn some animosity.

I took today off as a recovery day since I rode in a bicycle fundraiser over the weekend and logged 158 miles, 112 miles of which was on my fixed gear in one day (think one gear and no coasting), which is not easy and almost unheard of on that type of bicycle. I knew I'd be beat up so I planned on a rest day from work. Revkev called and asked if I could accompany him to look at this car, and I decided that driving didn't require much movement, so I agreed. I have posted on here he was rear-ended, totaling his car, so he is using my wagon until he gets back on his feet. He works nights, so the plan was to wait for the bank to open so he could get the money, put insurance on the B4 he is looking at buying, and get a transit plate from the DMV, should he buy it so he can drive it home legally. We would drive down in my B4 while he slept, possibly buy the car, and still get back in time for him to grab more sleep before work that night.

We drove the 160 miles each way to Tarasevich's house and looked at the B4. I put the Vag-Com on it and it showed a BK ECU, no codes, and no problems, timing within spec, everything I could see seems fine with it on the scope. The interior is nice and clean and in good shape. The door window is as he describes but the others work fine. It started OK, a little delayed for my taste, but it had an IQ of 7.2 so that should be expected. It will need a harmonic balancer, that much is apparent with it running.

What we found, however, is "Paint and Body are in Excellent condition" is true for the top of the car, but there is significant rust on the floor pans that will need to be addressed. Tarasevich seems like a nice guy for the little we talked to him, but there is no missing the rust holes in the floor, one of which on the passenger's side you can easily see the pad under the carpet.

If I hadn't spent $11 in tolls and 7 hours of time traveling on a vacation day to look at it for a friend, I probably wouldn't have posted this, but I wanted others to know before they made a similar trip...or a longer one.

Revkev declined the car due to the rust, which will take some time to repair, but it is repairable should someone want to put in the time. I did some similar rust work on the wife's B4 two years ago and it's holding up fine, but it took approximately 30 hours to remove the rust and weld in new metal and her rust wasn't as bad.

I am not suggesting anyone not buy this car, otherwise it seems in OK shape, but seeing the rust we decided to not even bother taking it for a drive. I just want people to have as much information about what they are purchasing before they spend the time and effort like we did.

I hope Tarasevich does sell the car, I truly do. And even with the rust his asking price of $2K isn't bad, but it's far from a rust-free car like the ad made it out to be.

Tarasevich

TDI
Thanks folks

Thanks to all who stopped by. It was great meeting a lot of the folks from TDI club and talking diesels. Maybe we'll run into each other again down the road when I am shopping for my next TDI.