1995 AAZ Passat Wagon

Big Daddy Roth

Veteran Member
TDI
1992 B3 Syncro 1Z, 1992 B3 Syncro AAZ, 1992 B3 Syncro AAA
It's currently registered as a BC vehicle. Offered for sale in "as is, where is" condition

This car needs a headgasket replacement. I suspect I overboosted it. White smoke out the back and making pressure in cooling system.

I built this car in BC and brought it with me when I relocated here back in Ontario.

1.9 TD (not TDI)

10000Kms on completely rebuilt engine (oil pan to valve cover)
Rebuilt Giles high performance injector pump
New Holset HE200WG turbo (Cummins 4BT)
Manual boost controler
Giles performance ground camshaft
Rebuilt Injectors
Custom SS 2.5" straight pipe exhaust
G60 intercooler
Digital boost and EGT gauges
Larger VR6 radiator
New starter, battery and 120A Alt

Freshly rebuilt CTN O2A transmission
Newer Stage 2 SBC clutch and flywheel

VR6 front sub-frame and rear beam (5x100 wheels and bigger brakes)
Newer brakes front and back
Newer upgraded rear calipers
Newer ball joints
Raceland coilovers (stock suspension available)
Whiteline control arm bushings

Clean black leather interior
Everything electrical works as it should.
OEM alarm / keyless entry
European E-code glass headlights
European smoked taillights
Blaupunkt bluetooth stereo
Small receiver hitch
Heater core recently replaced so A/C needs to be recharged (works well)
Clear coat is peeling on roof and hood. A few rust spots (Drivers 'A' pillar, RR wheel arch) BC rust, not Ontario cancer.

$2000 "as is, where is" condition. Serious inquires only.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I am on the outside as a spectator here, but have had conversations with Dave about how to bring a car across the border. I sent him what I did to import Windex's wagon and it was rather simple, just a few forms and waiting for the VW COC. Apparently he made numerous contact attempts across several mediums and heard nothing back, which is why he posted what he did.

As I said, I'm a spectator here but I wanted to mention the reasoning for his post.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Dunno if you would get a COC for this car? The AAZ was not available in a Passat in the USA correct?

That said, I am sorely tempted - need convince the wife I need another project wagon.

Why must they all be wagons... :D

Big Daddy Roth

Veteran Member
TDI
Apparently he made numerous contact attempts across several mediums and heard nothing back, which is why he posted what he did.
As I said, I'm a spectator here but I wanted to mention the reasoning for his post.
False.

We had a dialogue in pm's here on the board. He posted that when I apparently failed to respond to him in a timely manner. Numerous attempts? Nope. Several mediums? Nope. Just impatient.

Big Daddy Roth

Veteran Member
TDI
I forgot I added a euro headlight/fog light switch recently.

I also forgot to mention the airbag delete mod.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
I'm thankful to JJ for passing on a link alerting me to this car coming up for sale. I'm in ABQ right now and will not return home until Wednesday, so yes. I approached this with a bit of impatients. It appears to be a good deal and with any good deal time is BEYOND of the essence. If you don't believe me, you've already lost. I would have preferred to have a deal struck and the car paid for before leaving for New Mexico on Sunday but naturally had some questions.

Of the 6 PM's I sent and the 6 I received in response, three of which I included my phone number, the second, third and lastly the sixth including a suggestion that BDR call me to eliminate the back and fourth. The first time I give out my number...that is what that means. I appreciate the answers that BDR gave but every question I asked inevitably lead to more questions. At the current rate we were going it would have taken a week-long volley of PMs (pulling teeth, lol)....all of which can be remedied by a phone call. Since I do not have BDR's number you can imagine my hesitance on relying on the in-house PM system.

So, considering all this I gave up before getting to the "how old are these pictures" question. When I asked for more pictures I was sent three pictures of other B3V that BDR built. Nice, but not what I'm looking for. Now I see this one in post #13, which also depicts a rather nice B4V but also begs the question once again...how old are these pictures?

I prefer to be told everything...I'm a big boy and can take it, whatever it is. Another thing that did not sit easy with me is the price...it converts to 1,936 USD and is pretty suspicious for the amount of work that has been done to this car. For a guy that has built three other very nice B4Vs BDR clearly understands the value he's giving away....why? I listen to my gut and rarely is it wrong.

Last edited: