1993 Ford Explorer BEW Swap

timtimtimajim

TDI
None yet... planning to ALH swap my 93 Explorer
Hey all! New to this forum. Putting together a plan to swap an ALH into my '93 Explorer Sport. The current 4.0 V6 finally gave up on me after almost 30 years and 197,000 miles. It still runs, just not very well, noisy, and leaks everything. Been doing a lot of reading on this forum so figured I'd join to discuss and so I can show off the swap when I get started. Currently I'm working on sourcing a donor. Hoping once a donor is found I'll be able to get started pretty quickly.

If you're interested in checking out my Explorer, I have the link to my build thread over on Explorer Forum in my signature!

I'm also no stranger to VW's. My daily is a 2016 GTI currently making about 250 at the wheels. It's a fun car!

Last edited:

timtimtimajim

TDI
None yet... planning to ALH swap my 93 Explorer
Well my planned ALH swap has turned into a BEW swap. Found a BEW from someone who swapped their 4Runner then decided they wanted something different. The engine already been gone through and built. It came with a bunch of other parts too to help give me a good starting point. Hoping to start pulling the stock V6 out in the next few weeks!