1988 Toyota 4Runner with 1.9L 1996 TDI

1.9Runner

TDI
1996 1.9 AHU
Passing along my amazing 1st generation 4-Runner truck. Yes, it has a 1996 VW 1.9L TDI Jetta engine. It has an Acme adapter that connects it to the Toyota manual W56 transmission.

This truck consistently gets 26-27mpg, freeway and around town. No other truck I know of can do that. Driving up our steepest local grade, I don't have to downshift from 5th gear at 75mph. Low 4wd is ridiculous in this vehicle. Easy to drive around town.

Runs perfect.
Rebuilt injection pump ($1800 part) just installed less that 1,000 miles ago.
Extra large balanced injectors.
Tires have 90% tread.
Brand new battery with 5yr warranty.
New windshield.
Rhino-lined entire inside (dash, floor, bed, bedwalls...)
No rust, repainted 3 years ago.
Alpine stereo (4" front, 6" rear speakers) less than 5 yrs old.
Second canopy cut off the back half and removed windows (great for summer)
Lots of extra parts (wiring harness, side corner windows, drive shafts, air conditioning compressor, door seals, etc...)
Manual locking hubs.
ARB front bumper.
Custom real bumper with high departure angle receiver hitch.

This truck is a steal at $7,800. Call for details.

NOTE, I will be away from my computer for the next two weeks and may have trouble responding to this thread. You can call me thought!!!

Daryl
541-531-6671

Perfectreign

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
*drool*

Driving down to Southern California from Oregon in a TDI 4runner. Last time I drove from Medford to LA was in a '98 Seabring.

Wish I had $8k

POBOX2897

TDI
2014 JSW 6-speed
Fricken awesome truck! I love 4Runners and I can't remember the last time I saw one of that era that wasn't rusted through. GLWS.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Fricken awesome truck! I love 4Runners and I can't remember the last time I saw one of that era that wasn't rusted through. GLWS.
Exactly...how is the condition of the actual 4 runner?

1.9Runner

TDI
1996 1.9 AHU
No rust

You must live in salty wet conditions. Here in the west (unless you live on the coast itself) rust is much less of an issue. The truck has no significant rust, just that light surface hue from it being an older vehicle.