1981 VW Dasher Diesel FS over on Ebay

ptempel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
It looks so old, I'm skeptical of the mileage. 111k miles for a 26yr old car? That's about 2,600 per year. What did he do just drive to the grocery store? :) Also like the "paint is fair" description. It's screaming for a new paint job. Riiiigggggghhhhht.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
$2000

$2000.....hmmm......if you sell it on ebay you pay a fee, right? Will you be making a donation to Fred's for the advertising here?

Driver_found

Veteran Member
TDI
Former MKV Jetta TDI 5M, Former 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6m
If the guy sells it here, I would hope he would send something Fred's way.
Notice the tow hitch in the photo?

-Mike

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
This guy's got to have a sense of humor!

How many eBayers take pictures of their cars at night :D

Wasn't the Dasher the predecessor to the Passat?

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
dieseldorf said:
How many eBayers take pictures of their cars at night :D

Wasn't the Dasher the predecessor to the Passat?
Dasher was 1st gen Passat in Europe. Quantum introduced in 82 in USA was second gen Passat. I'm doing this from memory, but I'm pretty I've got it right.

rigbeeTDI

TDI
Passat 2.0; Touareg V10
Dasher was the first Passat

You are correct. The Dasher was the first Passat. I owned one and was disappointed when it "only" got 40mpg on the highway. I bought it used when I lived in California. They were going dirt cheap because no one wanted to go near a diesel thanks to GM. GM took a V8 gas engine and turned it into a diesel with modifications in the late 70's/early 80s. GM single handly destroyed the market for diesel cars for over 20 years. People did not differeniate between GM junk and a well engineered diesel car. Now GM wonders why people won't go near thier cars.
By the way in the 80's all diesel cars bought in California had 10 year, 100,000 mile warranties, free, due to a law passed because of the GM fiasco.