1974 Corvette...with a TDI?

artie b

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 TDI stock, have owned and repaired 4 B4 TDI's since 1996
Projects like this takes an incredible amount of resources . Time, money, shop, and the hard stuff is the patiece of spending hours and hours R&R the engine and trying to keep to the goal. You will waste all the fabing and refabing. When you think you have installed everything for the last time, you missed something, that will change everything you have worked hard on before.
Some projects begin with everyone saying it can be done, and other projects start out with everyone saying it can't be done. I respect anybody that has ever done a successful swap.
Many of my projects were sold by the ton. I'll bet that the top engineers have had more failures than home runs. The only way to know the right way, is to know the wrong way to do a project.
I would hope that someone is finishing it. If so, we haven't seen the last of it. Artie

Corvette

TDI
None
Sorry everyone I was gone for a long time. I have been driving it for a long time and am now looking to sell it. I am not a detail person so it needs some finishing touches but I have enjoyed driving it for several years.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Yeah the 6.5's go right in.. too bad even the electronic pump turbo 6.5's are only 190hp. You can get a reliable 250/450 out of them which will make a decent daily driver..

timmyc4

TDI
2013 Passat, 2006 Jetta w/Malone, 97 Passat Sedan TDI, 88 Jetta N/A
Is this Serious?

Surely you are joking, right? A TDI in a Vette? no matter what year, you must be kidding or on drugs?

I used to be into doing all this B.S.
I got Terminal Cancer, am almost beating it and have LEARNED that this is a WASTE of time!
Life is short when you realize that this is all junk and the time you stick into it.
Buy yourself a nice 4x4 Manual Diesel Ford or Dodge or Chev for that matter with low miles or rebuilt. Nope you won't get the fuel economy, but on the other hand, you'll have reliability, durability and a GREAT puller, which you won't get with a pip squeak TDI in a vehicle it was NEVER desined for. I've had many TDI's... GREAT for what they were DESIGNED FOR! Buy something off the shelf so you can work on it or something some FOOL aready wasted his time doing!

Forget about this CUSTOM waste of time headaches and go have fun with your family. Spend your time fishing, playing with them. This is a waste of your valuable life.

You only have a limited time here, don't waste it on chasing the wind. :)

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
/\ I suppose that is one way to look at it....Another way to look at is that the journey is what we are here for, not the destination.

Some people get great joy building something of their own and learning along the way. I know I do. Its always easier and cheaper to buy something ready-made. Probably better too, but building something for yourself can be a great reward.

A TDI in a vette seems silly to me, but to each his own.

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
Brings up a thread from the dead to talk $hitt about what many of us do for fun, with our friends and family? GO AWAY
I know right. TDI swaps make for some unique and really practical vehicles. If you don't like swaps stop reading the TDI conversion section.

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
Guess I have wasted decades....and have no fish to show for it. Some cool rides though.