What could be causing this????

• malone stage 1.5/egr delete
  • new oil/filter
  • new fuel filter
  • new lift pump/tandem pump
  • no smoke
  • new air filter/new maf
  • no codes!
My only thought could be a clogged cat converter?

need some help please, thanks guys

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
A clogged cat usually results in a noticeable loss of power. If you sit on a very slight incline and put the car in neutral or push in the clutch does it roll forward or backward without any help?

jayoldschool

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
Dragging brake caliper immediately comes to mind. Feel your wheels right after a drive. One hotter than the others? There's your problem.

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
Any smoke? could be the 02 sensor, and the maf combination. You mentioned egr delete, what type of delete?
Extremely poor mileage.. wow!
If its an automatic I would perhaps do a stall test, and check the torque convertor, if the stator is malfunctioning that would cause your symptoms.

Last edited:

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
Any smoke? could be the 02 sensor, and the maf combination. You mentioned egr delete, what type of delete?
Extremely poor mileage.. wow!
If its an automatic I would perhaps do a stall test, and check the torque convertor, if the stator is malfunctioning that would cause your symptoms.
hey thanks for the tips, the egr delete was done through the software by mark Malone

I will get the auto checked, and look at the brakes this afternoon

thanks again

tim