15 months later I still like this car a lot

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
Just wanted to say, it has been over 15 months since I bought this totaled Golf, fixed it and started driving it.

When I got the car the A/C wasn't working. Upon inspection noticed the A/C Clutch hub missing "typical" so replaced it with a new one.

Fast forward over a year.....hadn't been driving the car much this summer because I bought a new bike. I did drive the car a week ago just to put some miles on it and noticed my A/C had quit working again. DAMMMIT!

I thought for sure the hub had fallen off the car again because after I had replaced it I checked it a few months later and the nut had worked loose again.

Anyhow, I roll under the car and it's all still there and tight so I start trouble shooting.

One thing that had always bugged me is at some point the car had the glow plug harness replaced. The monkey "mechanic" cut off the old harness and just kinda laid the new one in there and plugged it in under that plastic cover which houses the plug. Looked like ass.

During my A/C troubleshooting I finally tracked it down to a wire some one had cut then crimped back together and used a heat shrink connector. Upon very close inspection of that splice I could see the wire had pulled out of the crimp and wasn't touching. I decided at this point to redo that connector and remove their glow plug harness "fix" and do it right.

Did all this and now everything works perfectly!!!! Was VERY glad I didn't lose the compressor hub again and have to spend the $$$ on it.

Love the car. A simple connector failed "stupid previous mechanic's fault" which wasn't the car's fault at all.

Always fires right up.

Always get a MINIMUM of 40 mpg and I do not try to get maximum MPG's at all.

Doesn't consume any noticeable oil between oil changes "~10k miles"

Always will get 700+ miles per tank of fuel.

:) Love the ALH!

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
I would love to get a nice clean Jetta wagon and swap this whole TDI drive train into it and swap the gas drive train into the Golf then sell the Golf.