15 golf TDi struts question

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
What do i have in the back? if i have the soild beam not IDS. Im looking to buy my own struts but not sure what i need for the back. Also shop said i might need some leveling ones... no idea what he was talking about but the price did jump up alot for them so i was confused.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
'15 Golfs have a beam axle with trailing arms, like a lot of older VWs. You just need shock absorbers made for the car. Sachs (OE) Bilstein, Koni, KYB, Monroe and others make them. Don't know anyone who makes leveling shocks for that car. Some people who want to carry heavier loads will use firmer springs or airbags.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
Ok thanks wasn't to sure.... i only see a few at rock auto Here . Im not sure that he was talking about over looking that page but all i can tell whats diffrent beside one saying Without Electronic Suspension

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Ok thanks wasn't to sure.... i only see a few at rock auto Here . Im not sure that he was talking about over looking that page but all i can tell whats diffrent beside one saying Without Electronic Suspension
And this is why its a good idea to look first at sites like IndigoBlueWagon's who specializes in these cars and is a long-time supporter of this site.