14.77@91.85MPH

dzljet

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
That's geat Howard!!!

15.2 for a WRX, that's not supposed to happen right? Right..

The interesting point to note there is, that's about what Oldman and I came to the conclusion the Up Stage III could do with my manual trans and the whp that I should be putting down. Based of course on Dlai's dyno as he has an identical setup to me including the PP502's.
The "Race" injectors are currently in the process of getting ready for Oldman to do his chip shootout run but I have to say, reading your post has made me salivate at the thought of them in my Stage III kit.
(I hope to dyno around November weather permitting.)

I also read your post about 60-90 times.
I've had the displeasure of feeling my 60-90 slow with the current setup and that's just a burden of making TDI's that can turn these good times that everyone's always crying about. It's just a simple fact, you either have the great one gear pull with major torque or you switch to a more hp related delivery and sacrifice "street quickness" for dragstrip "fast" it's a completely different build.

I don't know about you, but I notice my 70-100 is waaaay better than it was before due to this shift in delivery.
Just curious, have you ever been able to make any runs like this?
I'd like to see some numbers coming out like that.

It would seem to me like the Rocket custom programs would have a place in high build drag applications for those that won't give up on the vnt idea.

AtomicSushi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Golf GL
I don't know about you, but I notice my 70-100 is waaaay better than it was before due to this shift in delivery.
Just curious, have you ever been able to make any runs like this?
Have not tried any. I'll do so when next possible.

Pcar993

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 White
Very nice numbers!!!!! Congrads on being the fastest.
I noticed your 60' time is 2.19! My chevy S10 which is a pickup truck gets 2.0 flat. What im trying to say is you have a limited slip dif. your 60' time should be at most 2.0 Flat! If i can get that with my truck, i cant see why you cant beat my 60' time with your diesel (trq. down low) and a limited slip dif. What kinda tires are you running? Maybe drop the pressure to 19psi. Your car weighs 3000lbs with driver. My truck weighs 4030lbs with driver. I also noticed your reaction time is .285 So that means you burned the light but i think your track is set up so that as soon as you roll (no matter if you burned the light or not) the time will start as soon as your front tires move the line so you still will get the correct time and wont be penalized. I am not dissing you in anyway.. Im just noting to you and others that your 14.7 ET can be way lower if you improve the first 60'. Get that 60' time down to 1.9 and you will be in the very low 14's without modding your car anymore.

Again congrads on your time!

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Congratulations!

I also noticed your reaction time is .285 So that means you burned the light
Reaction times start at .000 on some tracks. .500 may be obsolete in the near future. I don't know about the track Sushi was on.

your 14.7 ET can be way lower if you improve the first 60'.
Yep.

AtomicSushi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Golf GL
Reaction times start at .000 on some tracks. .500 may be obsolete in the near future. I don't know about the track Sushi was on.
R/Ts start at .000 here and a redlight is shown as a negative number.

your 14.7 ET can be way lower if you improve the first 60'.
No doubt. Tires are Sumitomo HTRZ-IIs. Fine on the street, not so good for the track. Launching this car is a total PITA even with an LSD. Without an LSD it would be next to impossible. Once I get everything done I'll go back wearing some drag radials.

dubburke

Veteran Member
TDI
seat toledo tdi 1996 white
wrx person must have been really upset
. nice to see a diesel beat a performance car! derv is the future

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Nice run Howard,

Back in our day, that timeslip meant we busted a tranny, or lost a hole. hehe.

Keep up the good work, tuning a diesel is a challange, and a strong car results from attention to tuning, in addition to just throwing parts at it.

btw, a good day for our funnybike was 6.90 at 200mph.

Jeff

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
Just some stocky 1/4 mile times for comparison from some nice cars.... ENJOY!!!! Good stuff on the run,.. I'll be going out this weekend for the first time.. SOO.. I will be sucking dead badgers in the time slip area..

2004 Audi S4 Quattro Cabriolet 6spd Man. 14.30
1998 BMW M3 Sedan 14.00
2003 BMW M5 13.40
2001 Ferrari 360 Spider F1 13.20
2005 Lotus Elise (USA) 13.20
2002 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 15.30
1995 Volkswagen GTI VR6 15.50
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 14.20

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Damn Howard, nice run. I should have gone with you guys. Then I coulda busted out my 16s

Nice work!!!!!!!

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Sushi is the man!

BTW don't you hate when you are the big dog and somebody comes in and tells you that you don't know how to drive. Cuase my XYZ does faster. LOL. Kind of like tell Lance Armstrong, he don't know how to ride a bike...

voodoovaj

TDI
Silver 2001 Golf
WOW!!

So IIRC, This car is running with the PD150 turbo and 22 psi. From the trap speed, it looks like the car's putting out 190+ hp.

What did the Up stage 3 turbo put out? Wasn't it 24psi or something? That would be quite the killer combo. 200+hp?? Torque - something like a Billion lb/ft?

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
The Upsolute kit can do upto 26 PSI for sure, maybe a little more on peak of turbo map. The GT22 wheel can do 30 PSI no problem.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
LMAO! Your car must be freaking fast.....

I do not know what smaller, lighter wheels will give you on the 1/4 mile, but we did some 60-90 in 4-th with few sizes, just to get some ideas how much do we really lose and according to the logs (was vag-com logs, so to try to be more accurate)... so, according to the logs, going from 15" stock to 17" stock (with relative stock size tires, no crazy compound) there was a net 1 second difference. This was on a car with just a chip thought, so I guess when the power gets closer to your levels, the difference would be less. But still, your 17" are not light at all and going 15" will help you some, that is for sure. Hell, put some wheelies on the rear too, LOL! I guess your 17" are also the reason you have been always saying your car is not good on the 60-90 in 4-th.....

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
A lot of FWD drag racers put really skinny rear tires that amount to little more than motorcycle tires. Two space saver spares inflated to 60 PSI and drag slicks up front would be the ticket.

If you have an adjustable suspension, jack the rear as high and stiff as possible while dropping the front.

What kind of clutch do you have in there, Howard, and are you still on the stock open diff?

Blades

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
WOW!!

So IIRC, This car is running with the PD150 turbo and 22 psi. From the trap speed, it looks like the car's putting out 190+ hp.

What did the Up stage 3 turbo put out? Wasn't it 24psi or something? That would be quite the killer combo. 200+hp?? Torque - something like a Billion lb/ft?
Sounds crazy but I tend to agree with the numbers (at the crank). And if you ran with 17", run and get a set of 15".

Is I2 the 1/8 of a mile ?
If so, You can get way lower with smaller ties (and stripping the interior)

And it does look like the LSD helps a lot.

My friend just did a very similar time in his hybride 92 GTI. (92 GTI 16v engine using 92 GTI 8v stock injection system)

reaction : .086
60ft : 2.251
1/8 : 9.472
1/4 : 14.755
MPH : 94.465

145whp @ 6200 (due to 8v injection system rev-limiter), 2100lbs with driver. (He's huge)
Doing some small calculation, we could propably do a fair accurate of atomicsushi's car real power.

GuyGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Comfortline DSG
A lot of FWD drag racers put really skinny rear tires that amount to little more than motorcycle tires. Two space saver spares inflated to 60 PSI.
would any body know what car they would come from since it's not VW.

what car other then VW have a 5X100 patern

and would they be able to handle the speed since their supposed to only go like 80km/h

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Most GM's have 5x100.
Since they are on the rear (less load) and only for a short run heat buildup should not be problem.