'13 Jetta sportswagen - new to scene

Dat1TDI

TDI
2013 Jetta sportswagen 2.0l TDI.
Hello all, new to the VW scene of things, and also new to the boosted life. I found a 2013 VW Jetta sportswagen 2.0l TDI for sale and I want to pull the trigger, but want to to know warning signs, things to look for, and what to expect.
(140k on the odometer).
I do know about the timing belt around 110-130k and to check for oil residue in the turbo..

Please no need to roast me, as I would enjoy learning more about these vehicles.

Thanks.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
If your tail pipe is sooty then your DPF is cracked or it is in need of replacement or has been eliminated.
Has this car has the dealership fix for the emission violation?

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
dpf/egr, sunroof drains, thermostat & HPFP are all known issues.
@ 140k be prepared for suspension work if you want it to feel like it did new. the clutch and/or DMF could be nearing end of life IF they've been abused.

the more documented service records the better. if they are lacking (such as DSG service every 40k). then use that to bargain. and in that case, you will want to change ALL the fluids & filters to get yourself back to "zero".

be aware that these are not cheap cars to own! if you don't DIY and are going to pay for things like oil changes & scheduled maintenance--you might want to look elsewhere. shop time, "premium" fluids and the cost of OEVW replacement parts add up quick.

all that being said, i love mine!
what a fun car :)