13 Golf 6sp Clutch no pressure, diagnostic help?

Adjustment

TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6sp
Hey everyone, my Golf was driving fine the evening before, but yesterday morning i went to start it and the clutch popped straight to the floor with zero pressure. I'm able to pop it back up - and the 'clutch is pressed' sensor to start the car still works - but it's not engaging the clutch at all so the car will start and idle but isn't going anywhere.

Anyone seen something like this? I don't see any fluid on the ground, and nothing else seems out of place. I don't have a CEL or diagnostic code showing.

Where would you look first? Thanks!

Last edited:

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
Just went through this with mine. Ended up bleeding the clutch and it's been fine thus far. Most of the time it's the slave when the pedal goes down and does not return. I'm still not 100% confident bleeding the clutch took care of my issue, but time will tell. Check the fluid, the brakes and clutch share the same fluid resevour. Get yourself a pressure bleeder. Here's the procedure from VW.

Last edited:

Adjustment

TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6sp
Just went through this with mine. Ended up bleeding the clutch and it's been fine thus far. Most of the time it's the slave when the pedal goes down and does not return. I'm still not 100% confident bleeding the clutch took care of my issue, but time will tell. Check the fluid, the brakes and clutch share the same fluid resevour. Get yourself a pressure bleeder. Here's the procedure from VW.

That's fantastic info, thank you! I'll give this a go if I can pick up a bleeder.

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
I'm pending an itemized estimate, I had it towed to a shop for diagnostic - I'm not familiar enough with it to be confident. I'll let you know.
Ah okay. Either way, there is an upgraded TOB that utilizes a metal housing, which should be less prone to cracking, if that is indeed the problem.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Depending on your mileage, I would consider a clutch refreshment while you are in there.