13.2@105 Quickest Mk4 ALH?

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
99, white,2 door golf and 98, white, Jetta
So i've been meaning to get to the dragstrip for quite some time. Yesterday was the last day of the season at my local track. I rushed over there after work and got there 30mins before close. I got off 3 runs, each one better than the previous. I really wish i had more time since i was just starting to learn the drag radials. There is definitely another tenth or two to be lost in the 60ft time which would've most likely resulted in a 12 second slip.

Here are some quick pics.

My second and third runs were against AWE's 2013 S5, really nice car.

They also had their 997TT there, drooool....

1st run, wasn't used to the DRs, bogged hard, 14.1@101

2nd run, smooth launch, missed second gear shift, 13.8@104

Got back in the staging lanes 3mins before they closed, and was the next to last car to run for the 2012 season. I managed to yell to Mike from AWE "get this one on video" as i drove by. So this run against their S5 was filmed, i'll probably see the video sometime next week.

3rd run, better launch, good shifts, 13.2@105

Link to my build thread - http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=347715

Many thanks to
Jeff @ Rocketchip for all the awesome tunes i've had for different set-ups, and the years of help!
and to
Ryan @ Darkside for this wicked turbo kit, nozzels, and outstanding customer service!

Last edited:

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
WoW. You car should hit the high 12's with a good 60 ft. My bug ran 12.79 and the mph was lower than your car.

Another 10th off the sixty would more than likely drop you into the 12's. I sure you heard the the rule a 10th in the sixty is worth two in the QTR. While not exact, it's close.

I'm impressed, you must be well over 300 hp. I had a friend with a VR6 and supercharger in a MKIV Jetta, he ran mid 13's.

What rpm are you turning? what is your guess on HP?

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I just read through this thread for the first time and also want to give major props for a lot of hard work, care, and great results!

I love seeing this kind of stuff.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
send me some infor for the site!!

Very impressive!

TDI DSG

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG, Candy White / Cornsilk, Premium
Congrats on the nice times! Surprised Cecil is still open. Is that a Passport Redline? Every time I'm in DE I pick up Ka band like crazy :)

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
WoW. You car should hit the high 12's with a good 60 ft. My bug ran 12.79 and the mph was lower than your car.

Another 10th off the sixty would more than likely drop you into the 12's. I sure you heard the the rule a 10th in the sixty is worth two in the QTR. While not exact, it's close.

I'm impressed, you must be well over 300 hp. I had a friend with a VR6 and supercharger in a MKIV Jetta, he ran mid 13's.

What rpm are you turning? what is your guess on HP?
Yeah, i wish i had more time to play with the 60ft but i ran out of time. It might be around 300hp at the crank, i still haven't gotten a chance to dyno it.

I just read through this thread for the first time and also want to give major props for a lot of hard work, care, and great results!

I love seeing this kind of stuff.
Thanks man!

Very good time!
Nozzles? Lsd?
Yes and yes. .275 Nozzles and Peloquin.

nice.. what kind of boost are you running?
Thanks, 35psi Rocketchip tune.

Awesome!

Still running the .275s?

What are your EGTs like with all the coated parts at WOT?
Yesir, 1300/1400 degrees.

send me some infor for the site!!

Very impressive!
Will do, let me know what you want buddy.

Congrats on the nice times! Surprised Cecil is still open. Is that a Passport Redline? Every time I'm in DE I pick up Ka band like crazy :)
Thanks man, this was the last day of the season. The last three events/openings for the year were Saturday test-n-tune days. i believe that's what it is, my girlfriend got it for me for Christmas last year. I keep it on highway all the time and have very few false alarms compared to the Cobra in my Jetta.

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice very nice! Wait for me so we can dyno together!
Sure, whenever you're ready.

Very impressive times! NoJoke, now we need to see your car on the track!
Thanks, and I'd love to see both your cars on the track. Give that Haldex a workout! :)

good time for the trap speed, seems radial make decent difference!
Thank you, I believe it still has some more room for improvement. The tires work well, i just need to familiarize myself with them more. This was my first time running them.

tdipower4me

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta
good trap speed! deff have 12s in it, just gotta work the launch! in my bone stock evo ix i went 12.98 @102.95. 1.7x 60ft. love your tdi!

DJGonzo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 2.0 BHW
I think you should be able to get in the 12's with that trap speed...
High 12's that is.

12.9 maybe?

Very impressive though.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
maxrpm did 13.9/105 back in sept 2010 tdifest
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3104459&postcount=84

He had problems with 99.5 shifter, and actually pulled the ball/boot off grabbing 2nd. This was with 5 spd.

You need to start working on your next PD150 build. Stop by and take mine for a blast. You can drive my silver car too and see how the PD gives more torque authority at any rpm. I'm hoping to get my 4 motion installed too, as soon as I finish some house projects.

Great work on the Golf Arno!

Jeff

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
"Torque Authority"... I love it! I picture a large Eastern European woman ***** slapping some poor guy, LOL!

Great job on the 1/4 mile times!!!

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
"Torque Authority"... I love it! I picture a large Eastern European woman ***** slapping some poor guy, LOL!

Great job on the 1/4 mile times!!!
I built many bigblock chevy's and pontiac's in my GTO's and always like the "torque authority" in the Pontiacs. I could twist drive shafts and gernade rear diffs with pontiac 400's and 428 w/tripower. I built many chevy 427's 454's and 502's and always have preferred pontiacs for the street when built right. The PD motor is like the pontiac compared to the ALH (chevy) in my mind.

I won't even mention the mopars and ford's I built, they were a dissappointment. kind of like the GM 6.5 and VM motori ;-))

Jeff

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
good trap speed! deff have 12s in it, just gotta work the launch! in my bone stock evo ix i went 12.98 @102.95. 1.7x 60ft. love your tdi!
Thanks man, i know i need/could get the 60ft down but i only had time for 3 runs. I look forward to getting back out and shooting for 12s.

what fmic mount size is that and piping diameter?
The FMIC core is 23"x9"x2.75" iirc? The hot side piping is 2.25" and the cold side is 2.5".

What have you done to shave weight? I am jealous, my goal is a low 13...
Nothing really, just spare and rear seats out.

I think you should be able to get in the 12's with that trap speed...
High 12's that is.

12.9 maybe?

Very impressive though.
Thanks.

maxrpm did 13.9/105 back in sept 2010 tdifest
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3104459&postcount=84

He had problems with 99.5 shifter, and actually pulled the ball/boot off grabbing 2nd. This was with 5 spd.

You need to start working on your next PD150 build. Stop by and take mine for a blast. You can drive my silver car too and see how the PD gives more torque authority at any rpm. I'm hoping to get my 4 motion installed too, as soon as I finish some house projects.

Great work on the Golf Arno!

Jeff
Thanks Jeff! My 99.5 B&M/Gruven parts shifter it still treating me good (knock on wood) It's basically Mk3 cable shift parts. I know you've been singing the praises of PD, i just have gone too far with my ALH to start over. Maybe I'll do a CR swap 10 years from now :) haha. I'll have to come up and drive the red rocket and silver bullet soon!