12vdc and aux audio plugin console panel toast

maroonfrog1

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI S-Line 2011
Over 115k miles on my 2011 S-Line A3 now and there are maddeningly frustrating things crapping out now.

Passenger door window electric up/down switch does not work from that door, but works if I run my switch from drivers side. Is this an easy fix?

Reason for posting, however, is to check in with this savvy group to ask about how to possibly get into the shifter console area to rebuild the connection frame where the 12vdc cigarette charger ports and aux audio port point towards the sky for plug-in. All three are now not working, and it looks as if the panel has cracked beneath the plastic such that nothing plugged in will engage fully. Must I disassemble this whole darned thing to get at the guts or is there a poor-man's workaround?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Amadeus

TDI
A3
If I understand what you are trying to do correctly, the mounting panel is held in place with clips. I used a plastic crow-bar to pry it off. Work the panel towards the back a bit, catch an edge to lift, and it should pop right out. At least it is that way on my 2012. I have had the panel out several times to work on the cig lighter sockets (converted one to a USB charger port).

HTH