11mm Injection pump or 12mm injection pump for 300whp

Rgroves231

TDI
2003 Jetta
Hello everyone,

I have been searching around and have found some 12mm injection pumps that are in my price range. I do not want to be underfueled / mess with my fueling down the road.

My car will be running a gtb2260vklr turbo.

I have an 11mm pump sitting on the shelf here but I am seeing 12mm pumps for sale. Only downfall I have seen with the 12mm pump is that they do not handle high RPMs well. How true is this? Will I have issues spinning 6500 rpm with a 12mm pump? I just do not want to touch my fuel system after this upgrade.

No matter what pump I run, I will be installing a lift pump in the tank.

Planning on running .360 wzm nozzles(may be .38 cant remember)

Or someone tell me I can make 320whp with my 11mm and I am a happy camper.

Thanks!

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hello everyone,

I have been searching around and have found some 12mm injection pumps that are in my price range. I do not want to be underfueled / mess with my fueling down the road.

My car will be running a gtb2260vklr turbo.

I have an 11mm pump sitting on the shelf here but I am seeing 12mm pumps for sale. Only downfall I have seen with the 12mm pump is that they do not handle high RPMs well. How true is this? Will I have issues spinning 6500 rpm with a 12mm pump? I just do not want to touch my fuel system after this upgrade.

No matter what pump I run, I will be installing a lift pump in the tank.

Planning on running .360 wzm nozzles(may be .38 cant remember)

Or someone tell me I can make 320whp with my 11mm and I am a happy camper.

Thanks!
Just make sure they're not from Hans auto parts or prothe. Other than that, I don't know as far as the rpms and etc.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Add TWC3 Ashless 2 stroke oil from. Wally world to the 12mm pump every fill up, then no issues,

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
my 12mm/de110 has only siezed heads on me when running too small of nozzles
pp764 is way too small, dss .360s and chinese ".30" don't seem to give any troubles, and I am moving enough air that both are totally out of fuel now, burning clean

though I'm running used ATF thinned with gasoline as fuel so my data might be inapplicable
ETA: oh and they're $60 chinese garbage pump heads that I use, can't really tell any difference from the one bosch 4bt one I happened upon

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
The OE injector usually supplied with a 12mm pump was 4 holes at .014" each. That is .355mm ov course... :)

If you break into the pump circuit and feed it fuel at 150-200psi they fuel to higher rpm. If you want a rod-bender, fit a 14mm head. By all the stories told on the interweb, those do not like getting run fast.
cheers,
Douglas

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
The OE injector usually supplied with a 12mm pump was 4 holes at .014" each. That is .355mm ov course... :)

If you break into the pump circuit and feed it fuel at 150-200psi they fuel to higher rpm. If you want a rod-bender, fit a 14mm head. By all the stories told on the interweb, those do not like getting run fast.
cheers,
Douglas
rpm plays into injector size as well, as when engine speed goes up injection duration goes down while injection quantity is fixed
eventually the pressure gets high enough that the pump case flexes and siezes the pumping element
I read that 14mm heads do not last even at 1500 pump RPM, 10mm will lift the cylinder head at that speed with ease

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
11mm with a 12 head for YOLO but for 300HP an 11mm stock will do just fine.