110 v power inverter not working

4 TUGGIN

TDI
09 Jetta DSG
Found blown fuse in (40) slot which in manual says it is climatic. Put new in blew instantly. Pulled out the inverter and put new fuse back in and it was fine as long as inverter is disconnected. The fuses doesn't match the manual from what I see. Any way has anyone ran into this. Pulled apart the inverter and cant see any kind of burnt resistors or caps. Cant read res. across for a short because of the transformer coil Im guessing. Looking at buying a used one of ebay or anyone have info on where to get a new one a a good price. Thought about the $500 from vw but would rather buy more important parts.

Last edited:

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Have heard of several people on this site with bad 110 inverters that blew the fuse and needed replacement. But now that inverter is out, look at the wires and make sure the harness wasn't rubbing on something blowing the fuse. Pulling it out moved the harness so its not shorting now.

VW stopped putting the fuse diagrams in the manuals because of changes they make and diagrams not being correct.

4 TUGGIN

TDI
09 Jetta DSG
bought another inverter off ebay and it doesnt work either. I guessing the three wires that feed it are hot from fuse, ground and hot from keyed source. I get 12v on big wire, ground on other big wire, nothing on the small wire at plug. I took a jumper wire from hot to the keyed hot and still nothing. Any one have wiring diagram on this so i trouble shoot it. Thanks

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Just throwing this out there because it wasn't mentioned, but the engine has to be running for the inverter to work. There have been earlier threads on this and it was brought up.

4 TUGGIN

TDI
09 Jetta DSG
Can anyone answer this?

bought another inverter off ebay and it doesnt work either. I guessing the three wires that feed it are hot from fuse, ground and hot from keyed source. I get 12v on big wire, ground on other big wire, nothing on the small wire at plug. I took a jumper wire from hot to the keyed hot and still nothing. Any one have wiring diagram on this so i trouble shoot it. Thanks
Cant find any wire diagrams on this!