10mm & 11mm ip

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
is there a way to visually tell the difference between these two...i am considering buying one that was supposedly rebuilt, wanna make sure i am getting an 11mm ip.....thankyou

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
thanks for the response, if that is the case, does anyone know the part #'s that i need to look out for....thankyou

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
thanks, i didnt think to google it, i just tried the search feature here.....learn something every day....lol

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
if you click on 'advanced search', there is a google search function at the bottom of the page. I use it probably 90% of the time.

Where are you buying a pump? I'm casually looking for one...

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
a local friend of a friend..... i havent even bought the car yet, but its almost a lock....if not, i will send the pump your way......

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Just in case you had any questions:

11mm pump

10 mm will be '404' in the 0 460 XXX 987 number, 11mm will be '414'

Be advised, there are only a handful of places who are authorized and have the proper equipment to rebuild our pumps. Minimum cost (approx) would be around $600 and up to $1200 dependent on condition. There are also cheap, Chinese knock-off parts readily available. You're going to want to make sure none were used on this pump. I'd get more info about the pump and the rebuild before pulling the trigger.

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
thanks guys, i waiting to see if it has paperwork......dont want chinese junk......

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
ya, due to the chinese junk issue, I plan on only getting one from a known working engine part-out, bone yard, or just get a rebuilt one from a reputable source.

apomiett

Veteran Member
TDI
A2 mTDI
Well... About the chinese junk.

I'm not aware that anybody has made more power with original Bosch parts than hatemi got with CHINESE cummins VE pump head. 295 hp and there were still plenty fuel to be had...:rolleyes: