100K Club

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I hit a milestone on my way home tonight.:D It only took 2 years 6 days.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
You win! 50,000 miles per year is some pretty serious driving. I guess you bought the right car! :cool:

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
how much oil is your rig using per 10k?

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Way to motor away sir!!! I'm at 28k in my first year and I thought I drove a lot !

TheGrove

TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
You win! 50,000 miles per year is some pretty serious driving. I guess you bought the right car! :cool:
Thanks! Yes I would agree it is the right car.

how much oil is your rig using per 10k?
I honestly couldn't tell you because I'm very bad about checking it between services.

Wow! How is the suspension holding up?
Ok so far, I haven't noticed anything. I figure when I do the 120K service I may replace the shocks/struts as a routine precaution.

+1 also did you have any mech failures during your first 100k? Congrats! All I can say is wow...I picked mine up in 12/2011 and I have 29k on it.
I only had 2 problems. First the right rear window would not go back up after being lowered. This happened about 2 months after I purchased the car. Under warranty they fixed the window track and it hasn't had a problem since. The second problem was the right headlight assembly went bad. Unfortunately I was out of warranty by this time and had to pay for it myself.

MikeTV

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-TDI 3.6 SE
Congrats! Too bad you didn't take a picture that was in focus but seeing that you did it, while driving, I can see why it's out of focus.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Excellent work, what is the build date of your car and your lifetime MPG?

TheGrove

TDI
Congrats! Too bad you didn't take a picture that was in focus but seeing that you did it, while driving, I can see why it's out of focus.
Yeah sorry about that, I had a couple others but they were even worse. Part of the problem was the interstate wasn't perfectly smooth so it induced some camera shake as well. And as you pointed out it is hard to take a picture with 1 eye and watch the road with the other.;)

hysterwv

Veteran Member
Congrats!

You're my benchmark. My b5.5 died almost 1 year later than yours. My '12 had 51k on 9/12/13 (1 year of ownership). I always keep an eye out for your posts. I'm interested in how the DPFs will hold up for us highway cruisers along with any other potential issues. You're the trailblazer around here!

TheGrove

TDI
Excellent work, what is the build date of your car and your lifetime MPG?
If memory serves me the build date was June/July of 2011. I know for sure mine was the 8,810th one off the line.

Lifetime I have pumped 2,583 gallons of diesel into the car. The computer average is 39.98 and my hand calc average is 38.24.

Most of my driving is highway with the cruse usually set on 75. Terran is hilly with a couple eastern mountains I have to go over between home and work.

ChemDoc

TDI
2013 Passat Premium SEL
Congrats Groove from me too

Here's hoping we all do as well burning up our TDI B7. You give me hope.

TheGrove

TDI

TurboDieselPoint

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6-Speed Manual
TheGrove,

How has your AC Condenser held up over the past 100K miles? I'm curious to see how durable they are and how they look after many miles.

Thanks and congratulations on the 100K miles!

TheGrove

TDI
TheGrove,

How has your AC Condenser held up over the past 100K miles? I'm curious to see how durable they are and how they look after many miles.

Thanks and congratulations on the 100K miles!
No problems, still pumps out cold air when requested. The only 2 problems I've had were a rear window that would go down but not up (track fixed under warranty) and the right headlight assembly went bad (paid that one myself - out of warranty).

PassatSE4me

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6MT
Well I for one am glad to see someone is motoring along and reaching this kind of mileage without much to complain about. Glad to hear it!

I hope my version does as well.

StoneCrab

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Congrats! And from a fellow long commuter (150 miles round trip), you have my respect.

What tires have you had on the car, and how do you like them?

Do you have concerns about the DPF possibly needing replacement around 130k miles (I understand nobody knows exactly when it needs replacement but have read it may be that early)?

TheGrove

TDI
Congrats! And from a fellow long commuter (150 miles round trip), you have my respect.

What tires have you had on the car, and how do you like them?
I started with the Hankooks. They were ok, yes they were noisy but that didn't bother me. They wore out after 40k and I replaced them with the Michelin Primacy MXM4's which were noticeably quieter. They lasted 60K and I replaced them with another set about a month ago.

Do you have concerns about the DPF possibly needing replacement around 130k miles (I understand nobody knows exactly when it needs replacement but have read it may be that early)?
No, I figure I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I follow the idea with most of my vehicles - drive more worry less.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I haven't heard anything about DPF replacement, especially at 130K. Where are you hearing this info?

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
TheGrove, do you have vcds? I'd be interested in what the reported ash load in your dpf is at since you have such high mileage.