100,000 miles since oil change. Dont be like me.

Phyloader

TDI
2010 Jetta SW
I don't know what everyone's all sideways about.... I'd just rinse off that filter and keep using it! Dump it in CLR and it will be good for another 100k.

#yields
Being thrifty always pays off the most when you destroy a 10K car to save a 10$ filter. Education is very valuable.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)

100,000 miles since last oil change.

I was dumb. Very very dumb. Wont ever do it again. Started to finally get high oil pressure alarm. I deserve the shame. Ill borrow the money for it next time if I have to.
I know he hasn't been here since 2022, but I'm placing this here in case he ever returns....
Does the car still run?? How is that engine holding up? Any engine issues this far caused by the 100k mile OCI?

norbert77

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle
I knew a guy who did neighborhood oil changes, he couldn't afford oil for himself so he took the better oils and put that in his 305 Monte Carlo for years.

If you ever experience this, a 2/3diesel and 1/3 varsol does wonders to free up sticky vvt advance mechanism. Just a couple ounces

325_Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
MkV Jetta
Being thrifty always pays off the most when you destroy a 10K car to save a 10$ filter. Education is very valuable.
People think differently. I have a buddy with an Mk4 gasser that drives across the SW United States regularly. He only installs Duralast parts and has been stranded states away from home several times, but he's convinced that since Duralast offers "lifetime warranty", that benefit outweighs the hundreds of dollars spent on towing, the lost travel time, roadside repairs, the labor in replacing parts over and over, etc.