'10 remote windows coding :-)

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
I found it on 'tex Tiguan forum:

Procedure for 2010+ models, thanks Sebastien at Ross-TechComfort via remote, try...
VCDS > Select > 09 - Central Electronics > Adaptation - 10 > Channel 006
...and save 1 as new value. This (as well as other channels) will be documented in next VCDS update.

Should be the same for '10 Jetta/Golf/JSW.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Good info Mal, I am always looking for this one.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I don't remember exactly how he did it, but at the Spring Ho5G GTG one of the guys just plugged in with VagCom and brought Central Convenience, then brought up a page with check boxes. Long code editor maybe? We just went through and checked/unchecked a few things. When he clicked "Done", it asked if he wanted to save the new long coding.

The only real changes I wanted were to dissable the DRLs and enable key-fob window operation.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
MayorDJQ said:
I don't remember exactly how he did it, but at the Spring Ho5G GTG one of the guys just plugged in with VagCom and brought Central Convenience, then brought up a page with check boxes. Long code editor maybe? We just went through and checked/unchecked a few things. When he clicked "Done", it asked if he wanted to save the new long coding.

The only real changes I wanted were to dissable the DRLs and enable key-fob window operation.
That's the old way of doing it. They changed it for the new cars. It's no longer under long coding.

Ah well, at least the module still has the capability!

TXRanger83

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
just did this to my car worked perfectly, thanks maloosheck....just out of curiosity should I be running auto scan as an mkV of mkVI

3waygeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
Tried this on my 2010 A3 TDI this morning -- the value wouldn't save. I'd write 1, then leave that screen & go back, and it still read 0.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
There's no "Save" button in the screen where you change the value? I have a really old version of VagCom, so the newer version may be different.

3waygeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
There is a save button, but it doesn't save the value -- the debug log says it does, but it doesn't.