1.9TDI engine swap question

COTTOB-44

TDI
Hello new here and there seems to be answers to everything but I'm horrible at searching specific topics. Or maybe my question is unique. Either way I'm sure this will be my go to for all my future questions.

I have a 1997 VW Passat 1.9TDI I am putting into a 86' Suzuki Samurai. My current obstacle is the thermostat housing. The original one comes off and goes straight back paralleling the engine block and straight into the new motor mount. I was curious if there is a model that comes off and goes perpendicular (straight away) from the block? Being that this form is across all models of VW TDIs I am hoping that one of the other models has what I am looking for. Anything pointing me in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Welcome to TDIClub!

Check the Conversions forum.
Also, maybe check out the coolant/thermostat flange for the ALH - it comes straight off the block.
You can even find them in cast aluminum!

COTTOB-44

TDI
Welcome to TDIClub!

Check the Conversions forum.
Also, maybe check out the coolant/thermostat flange for the ALH - it comes straight off the block.
You can even find them in cast aluminum!
Thank you very much for the info. The straight out one may be the ticket for me.