1.9 ALH Injector Line

TruckinSS

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2000
2000 1.9 ALH Jetta 5spd. (250K) Timing belt (whole process) completed in the last 25K miles.

The #2 injector line coming from the injection pump leaks at the top of the nut/insertion point to the injector. I have replaced the line with a used one from an owner here that was sure it didn't leak/said it was pulled off his motor that did not leak. I have replaced the entire injector with a rebuilt one and swapped it out. I just can't seem to get the leak to stop. Don't get me wrong...it's not a massive leak, but you can see the fuel seep over a few days of driving. I have done some searching and most of what I've read says the following:
1. Replace the line. (Done)
2. Replace the injector (Done)

So,
I am at a loss as to what I should do in order to seal it like it should be. I mean should the replacement line be brand new to meet #1 fully? If so, if that doesn't fix it then what? I don't want to spend $88 and it do the exact same thing the $10 one has.....
Any ideas?
Truckin

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Other than inspecting the mate surface on the old line, leak could be from elsewhere. They are like $90 new, so maybe try a different used one. Can't recommend ebay or Amizon for this particular part.

nick02

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta silver
Years ago, I had a line leak. I took a piece of 400 grit sand paper and sanded the mating surface of the line. There was a line/groove on the ball where it contacted the injector. A few swipes later and haven't had a leak since. Nick

TruckinSS

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2000
Alright,
I will try to do the 400grit sand paper and if that doesn't work I will just have to try either a different used one...or buy one new.
Truckin

zslnk

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI, 3rd gen Cummins 2500, ALH Sedan
I had the same issues after an engine swap. I ran the car on the highway on a hot day then tightened the line again. When it was hot it allowed for an additional ~1/8 turn on the nut and the leak was fixed.