1.6TDI CAYC MPG Query

CRNeo

TDI
2012 Seat Leon 1.6TDI CAYC
Hi all, uk based here so everything is in UK mpg :)

I've been running my 2012 seat leon 1.6TDI (CAYC) for 5+yrs now and done around 60k miles in that time with minimal issues.

The car was remapped around 2yrs ago and again been running that for a while with minimal issues.

I used to easily get 50+ mpg even when driving fairly spirited at times and could get 60-70mpg.

Recently however I've noticed a reduction in economy nothing has changed, checked brakes, tyres, car serviced up to date etc. and nothing obvious.

Now struggling to get 50+ even on a long run. It seems that as soon as you touch the accelerator the instant mpg on the dash drops and is very low only way to get decent high mpg is to feather the throttle and be very gentle.

Car is still regenerating fine every 3-400 miles, ash residue is at 54% according to VAG DPF.

I am doing less longer journeys but would that skew the instant mpg by that much? Or could there be something else? Injectors maybe? or EGR? Garage looked and said all the datalog looked ok ... maybe I'm looking for a problem that isn't there but I'm getting low 40s average now and a couple years ago I'd struggle to get under 50 even with a heavy foot.