1-1-13 HO5G Celebration GTG!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
I guess it's becoming a tradition ...

Come celebrate TDI's and the New Year with us on 1/1/2013! There's no telling if the weather will hold up, but that's never stopped us before!

Happy 2013!

Let the games begin...

HO5G rules apply remember if you feel the need to fill the towns coffers with your hard earned cash do so at your own risk. The chief of police lives 3 doors up from the HO5G and he will be glad to accept your contributions.

A few notes about our GTG format:

#1 – ALL newbie’s:
By newbie’s I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you've been here doesn't necessarily mean we know you! You need to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!

#2 – Food: It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!
Bring items we all share. We provide propane and grill. And wood for the heated garages.

#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a pre-approved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI, Jolly Green Giant and Lug_Nut) club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.

Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids! (We have a relatively shallow well for water so fluid spills are unacceptable.)
Just like beer fluids in fluids out.

ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY 11:00PM !

We enjoy opening our home and garages to you...all we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return. As my sign says: BE NICE OR GO AWAY!

Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG - bring your tools, to do lists and a little something to share food/drinkwise!

Vendors are welcome - doubt that Rocketchip will be here this time but there's always next year!

PeterV & Hamsterdiesel

LIFT time pleast re post if you need the lift..

or Just a bay NOTE the back 2 bays will be closed as we have snow.

1. ARdailey DSG service
2. Beetle~go brakes
3. BTcost
4. TOOFER we just know there has to be something!!!
5. AArikis (SP) maint..
6. ASTERIX susp Do you have a GURU to help?
7. CampbelloNH Brake flush Bring fluid. have Motl here .
8. HWgeek lets see him fry another cell phone..

BAY users please help us out by getting some brake cleaner and some shop towels.

Last years GREAT TIME with pics.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=338233

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I need to get to a GTG-it's been a few years since I've been to a Ho5G GTG.... we'll see how well the car's doing a few days before-I plan on taking time off of work from the Dec. 22nd-Jan 1st. Maybe Ill ask for the 2nd off also. Car gets the NYS inspection done the last week of Dec.-maybe I'll start saving money in case Jeff decides to come up:D-I miss the RC2 that the Jetta used to have.....

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
Count me in, will think of a good dish to bring. Cant top the kitty litter desert though :-O
Oh, and I need to bring another great swap car.....

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I will not be able to make it to the Ho5G this time. I will be driving back to NH from Cocoa Beach FL in my '10 JSW on 1/1/13.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
As much as I want to, I have been looking forward to a Ho5G GTG for a while. I will be driving back from North Carolina in my '12 Passat about then and won't be able to make it. :(

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Jack, just out of curiosity, is your Passat black too? ;)

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Of course Lawson and I are in. The question is... which car this year :confused: We want to keep salt off the Passat for as long as possible.

-J

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I am a noob to your forum, I am thinking about going and check it out. Anyone here changed out or ungraded their navagation system in their TDI? If so, please point me to ther right direction?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Anyone here changed out or upgraded their navagation system in their TDI? If so, please point me to the right direction?
From Wakefield it's almost directly due North, and maybe you really do need to upgrade your navigation... Could I offer you a compass?:D

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
I am a noob to your forum, I am thinking about going and check it out. Anyone here changed out or ungraded their navagation system in their TDI? If so, please point me to ther right direction?
They'll post the address later, but it's about 10 miles north of the Mass/NH. I go up rt93 to exit 3 and take a right for a few miles.

ARDailey

TDI
2010 SportWagen TDi / 2017 GSW 4Motion
HO5G et.al.

I am at 74,500 miles Getting close to a DSG fluid swap. Would I be overstaying my welcome if I were to swap out the DSG fluid (with tools and fluid from IDParts) AND find out WHY THE ____ my brakes squeal?

I enjoyed the 1-1-11 event and am looking forward to this one.

Ample libations and victuals offered to compensate for the on site expertise.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Not sure if you will get 1, 2, or 3 from our clan. Depends if my folks decide to descend on us.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Come on Tomo take a day off. You retired from the USPS so you could have some time to play LOL, With OBOMA in office you may be working another 30 years and never get to retire. He said he is going to take from the rich and give to the poor just like Robin Hood, only he forgets the the Rich back in those days did in fact steal and rob their money from the poor so, it was only right to take from them the rich and give it back to whom it was stolen from................I am leaving home around 11PM driving till day light which will put me about 100 miles from the H05G, sleep at a rest area for 2-3 hours and let the AM rush hour traffic die down then drive on into P and J ( Ha HA P & J ) getting there around 10 am. It is only 504 miles one way.
Nice little trip to run out the rest of my snow tires.

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Another question for ya, is this a guys event only, or family and/or gf welcomed?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
In, of course. I'm not the least bit worried about the weather. We just need enough snow for that big beer bucket on the front of the Kubota.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Family is welcome GFs too.

We have attendees from Ohio, Mi and many other states I will mention WV.... too.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Of course Lawson and I are in. The question is... which car this year :confused: We want to keep salt off the Passat for as long as possible.

-J
In, for sure! Sara is riding up with us, too.

I can bring burger-makin's again if everyone liked what I did last year. :cool:

As for which vehicle, I think GeekDrew will be joining the party, as well - perhaps we can all ride up in his car since there will be snow tires. Or we can split the party between his Passat and our Jetta to make things more comfortable... we shall see.

No matter what, we're looking forward to it! :D

Also, we're heading up to Sunday River in Maine with Sootman on January 2nd to scope out a potential location for TDIFest 2013.