1,000,000 or bust

TaskForce

TDI
2003 jetta wagon
Hey everyone,

New to the forum, I've always wanted to do a million mile challenge and the latest tdi bought seems to be the best candidate for the job. Owned by a tech until he got broadsided by a Ford truck, he sat it in a swamp for a couple years and I picked her up for 700 bones with just 200000 miles on it.
I used to work for a small import mechanic shop here in Northern MI but I grew tired of wrenching on other people's stuff so I've recently torn the jetta apart and turned it into a home, im traveling the US in it and skydiving and ocean fishing along the way, figured a tdi specific forum was good bet to join. if this is the wrong spot for this post please forgive me, I start my first leg of my journey to Florida next month, will post some pictures in here soon.
She ain't the best looking jetta but I'm confident that she will make the million mile mark atleast the original motor will.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Hey everyone,

New to the forum, I've always wanted to do a million mile challenge and the latest tdi bought seems to be the best candidate for the job. Owned by a tech until he got broadsided by a Ford truck, he sat it in a swamp for a couple years and I picked her up for 700 bones with just 200000 miles on it.
I used to work for a small import mechanic shop here in Northern MI but I grew tired of wrenching on other people's stuff so I've recently torn the jetta apart and turned it into a home, im traveling the US in it and skydiving and ocean fishing along the way, figured a tdi specific forum was good bet to join. if this is the wrong spot for this post please forgive me, I start my first leg of my journey to Florida next month, will post some pictures in here soon.
She ain't the best looking jetta but I'm confident that she will make the million mile mark atleast the original motor will.
The engines and trans are capable of it. It's just the bodies if your in the rist belt.

Reactions: Ton

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Well, you've already got a 19 year old vehicle, which, unless it's been meticulously maintained and garaged, will already have all sort of cancer happening...... so assuming that you drive a lot, you should hit the milestone in about 11 years according to my guesstimate.....
I have seen 30 year old vehicles on the road.... seems feasible.... post your progress.

Subscribed!

Reactions: Ton