09 TDI group

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Since many of us are now proud (and boastful) owners of the new 09 Jetta TDI, it would be great if we had a group (forum) specifically for general discussion of our new cars, and a great resource to answer the many questions that will be forthcoming - mileage being the first topic that everyone wants to discuss.

Wes

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
I agree Wes, but how will an 09 forum full of newbies help? Now if you could get some of the old timer mk4 drivers to quit going for a half million miles & buy a new one, you'd have a decent forum. Point is you need experience in a forum to make it work.

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
You make a valid point... my point being to offer a collective seperation of repairing the older to reports of the new, particularly since it's been missing in action for a short while, and has a new to the states architecture. I find myself looking through hundreds of posts in an effort to find comments on the new model (which I am proud to own, and admittedly haven't had a diesel since a MB in the late 80's)

Have a great day.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
The 09s are still A5s or MKVs chassis cars, correct? Then there is an existing forum for the 09s; the A5 Jetta/Golf Forum.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

We just need to change the forum description to say the forum is for PDs and CR TDIs and add 2009 models.

:)

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
Well Wes there you have it. No new sandbox for the 09 owners. Not sure why though as there are forums for everything else here. Maybe you guys can take over the road trip forum.;)

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
I still find myself scanning through hundreds of posts every day looking for subject lines that say "09"... but admittedly enjoy the forum topics in general.

Wes

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
As a future '09 owner, I find searching through zillions of posts in the A5 forum for ones that are applicable to the '09 to be rather tedious. Perhaps this is because I already own a MkV platform car and I previously owned a PD100 MkIV? That being said, it would be nice to have some distinction made within the A5 forum so as to differentiate posts being applicable to the PD100 or the new 2.0 CR. Especially so since options are very different between the '06 and '09 cars as well.

NMRJock

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta DSG
I requested a sub-forum for the CR A5's back when we were speculating on pricing and options. I'm not sure why there is resistance to the idea from the admins, but they make the rules.

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
It shouldn't matter what chassis it is... it's a different enough engine to have a separate engine sub-forum at least. For transmission and chassis related topics, I don't see the harm in leaving them where they are. The new engines should have their own though, IMO.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
BKmetz said:
The 09s are still A5s or MKVs chassis cars, correct? Then there is an existing forum for the 09s; the A5 Jetta/Golf Forum.
Ditto.

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
keggo said:
It shouldn't matter what chassis it is... it's a different enough engine to have a separate engine sub-forum at least. For transmission and chassis related topics, I don't see the harm in leaving them where they are. The new engines should have their own though, IMO.
The A4/MKIV forums have the exact same differences (ALH/PD split) and they manage just fine.

nuff said.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
BKmetz said:
The A4/MKIV forums have the exact same differences (ALH/PD split) and they manage just fine.

nuff said.
Of course some of us disagree, but have given up trying. :)

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
The forum description for the A5/MKV cars includes the 2009s now.

:)

John C

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001 Glactic Blue Peral - SOLD
bam bam dip - That Avitar looks like Bobby Knight :D .

More on topic, I scrolled to this forum to request an '09 section as well...after looking at the MK5 forum and not finding much '09/HPCR related posts.

Oh, well :( .

John C

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
John C said:
I scrolled to this forum to request an '09 section as well...after looking at the MK5 forum and not finding much '09/HPCR related posts.

Oh, well :( .

John C
Well...

As of this date there are probably only between 50 to 100 members with 09s listed as their car. If you guys want content relevant about 09s, you are going to have to make it. We can't invent threads or content for you about cars the rest of us don't own.

dparker

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 1M & twenty10 Cup Edition
And this is a democracy................how?
I beg the dictator to please allow a section for 09 Tdi's. It would make my wildest dreams come true.