09 TDI 40K Service - $842.61

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
I just had my service today. $842.61. Yes, that's right, over 800 dollars. I've never felt more raped in my life. I'm so upset, and to add insult to injury, I'm not sure they used the correct engine oil. I'm setting here (just got back from the dealer) pondering what my plan of action should be.

In a nutshell, Ganley VA in Bedford, OH charge $399.95 for the general service which included oil and various filters along with all the fluff they claim to do at 40K, and then $357.05 for the DSG and a brake system flush.

I'm highly suspicious of the oil because it was $7.71 per liter and I'm pretty sure type 507 oil costs more than that.

OMG>.. this car is my little BABY and I'm just sick about it!!!!

Wes

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6 manual Gone! V6 Mustang now.
Actually, M1 at pepboys is $6.99 a liter

Sounds like maybe they should have saved a few drops for you-know-where.

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Well, I've calmed down now... and also talked to several folk that spent over $1,000 for their 40K... so even though it was $200.00 more than I anticipated, it still seems it was in line with reality.

I'm going to stop in a local german specialty shop and meet the owner in the next couple of days... I think perhaps I'll be better served.

Just being able to TALK to the person that does the work will be a huge bonus. I can be SURE they're using the spec oil etc...

Wes

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
I thought that all of the 09 VW's came with free sched. maint. yes/no?

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Mcgink said:
I thought that all of the 09 VW's came with free sched. maint. yes/no?
Keep in mind my service was at 40K.... free maintenance ends at 36K, and of course your first MAJOR service which includes DSG (unless you have a stick) is at 40K.

Also keep in mind the free maintenance is for SCHEDULED services, such as oil change every 10K. So if you're one of those people that insists on changing your oil every 5K, you're going to pay for those at the odd intervals.

Wes

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Yeah-3 yr. OR 36k mile.....it was the 40k service........now you know why they don't offer free maintenance past 36k.....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I would suggest now that you are out of the "free" period,to go to someone like Growler or Jon Hamilton(Marysville) for your work.....