06 Jetta 1.9 Rough idle, worse with AC or power load

Always_broken

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9 BRM
Just bought an 06 Jetta, it had a bad transmission when I bought it. So a test drive was not in the picture. I did start and listen to it, it runs great when cold and with higher than idle rpm. As soon as it's too temp it shakes and vibrates the engine. Turn on the AC or rear defrost or turn the wheel (request power basically) it becomes much more violent. Steering wheel, floors, seat, body all "vibrate" badly. With everything off I can touch the go go pedal just enough not to raise the rpm on the cluster and it's smooth. Have to come up to 900rpm with AC on to become smooth.

Things I've tried
Cam torsion value changed from -1.9 to 0.1 (no change) currently at +3.4 no change. Going back to 0 today.

Alternator and tensioner pulley

Coolant and fuel temp sensors

Diesel purge and diesel from several places to eliminate bad fuel.

Tried to use battery charger while running(testing theory of no power with load)

Cleaned intake manifold. (EGR and intake manifold runner deleted)

Italian tune-up makes no difference. Runs great off idle. Any help or suggestions? Can post injector deviation when I get it warmed up. (Not Ross tech limited with obdeleven)

Always_broken

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9 BRM
Check cylinder balance. Possible DMF. The BRM has no "intake runner", so... ????
DMF was replaced with SMF. My scan showed code for"intake manifold runner position sensor P2016 " I thought this was the anti shudder? Am I wrong?

Always_broken

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9 BRM
IQ deviation cyl 1is 0.54 mg/h
IQ deviation cyl 2 is -0.56 mg/h
IQ deviation cyl 3 is -0.33 mg/h
IQ deviation cyl 4 is 0.35 mg/h

Torsion value is 0.00 flat

Rx7145

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
I’m skeptical of your torsion value actually being zero, that’s very difficult to obtain and if it reads too far out of range the computer reads it as zero not dashes. I would double check your timing.

Always_broken

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9 BRM
I’m skeptical of your torsion value actually being zero, that’s very difficult to obtain and if it reads too far out of range the computer reads it as zero not dashes. I would double check your timing.
I'll double check today, and adjust. I couldn't figure how to upload photos. I appreciate the help

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Have you inspected your camshaft?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Maybe take the accessory belt OFF and see if the condition persists... also, does it change at all if you press the clutch in? How long ago was the flywheel changed? Something could be off balance in the clutch, too.

Your idle numbers look good to me.

Always_broken

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9 BRM
I was in fact on 0° I am now+2.9 after adjustment today. Still with the same issue:(

Always_broken

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9 BRM
Maybe take the accessory belt OFF and see if the condition persists... also, does it change at all if you press the clutch in? How long ago was the flywheel changed? Something could be off balance in the clutch, too.

Your idle numbers look good to me.
It has no bearing on clutch in or out. It does seem the vibe/shake idle is definitely on the passenger side of the motor. Will pull the acc belt and test this as well

Always_broken

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9 BRM
#update. Checked cam and lifters again and they look to be in good shape all the way around. No excessive wear on any lobes and no dishing on lifters. Injector rollers are also in good shape. I did remove the accessories belt and the issue still remains. Replaced cracked (but sealed) vacuum line on brake booster. Still the same and all other lines are intact. Replaced MAF because I had an extra in the shop, still the same. This is an irritating issue

Always_broken

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9 BRM
Final update, drove across the country (cost to cost) and things got worse. Dropped a cam and lifters in this issue has resolved... But a new has come😂 thank you guys for the help!!!