06 Jetta 1.9 ac help!

Jerry McF

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9
Can someone please point me in the right direction, I have an 06 Jetta with 1.9 in it. I bought it about a year ago the ac wasn’t working so I replaced the compressor because it was the control valve on it. It worked great until my wife hung the lower radiator support on a curb stop and ripped the bumper and support out of it. It was parked for about 6 months while I fixed it, the ac hasn’t worked right since. It’ll come on but kick off after 3 minutes or so, I found out the ambient temp sensor was missing so I’ve replaced it and fixed the wiring that was ripped off. Still not working, I’ve swapped the fans and compressor with a Passat I have with no change. My pressures are good, please help
I noticed when the compressor kicks off the recirculating ac light goes off too. If u turn the ac or car completely off it’ll come right back on for a few minutes, kicks back off when it’s getting cold. It'll turn back on 3-4 times when u turn the ac or car off then the blower motor will stop and not come back on till u turn the car off. Help I’m in Texas!

buyingconstant7

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
Time to get vcds or obd11. No way of knowing a whole lot, until the air conditioning module is scanned. Sounds like the module thinks something is very wrong so it should pop up with codes pointing you in the right direction.

Jerry McF

TDI
06 Jetta 1.9
Thanks, I recently downloaded the light version but I’m having trouble reading some or most of the controllers. I believe I have a temp sensor on the hvac giving me trouble. It has dual a ac control, I’m assuming it has a temp sensor on the R and L output vents and one on the evaporator?

buyingconstant7

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
Yes if you have dual zone climate you will have a sensor for left and right vent and footwell blower temp as well. There is a temperature sensor on the evaporator as well.