05 Mountaineer high fuel consumption...suggestions?

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
Yeah, that is not going to help you.
i went also to Autozone and they also had a generic one...there is any place that will do it for free/nominal fee, or i will have to give up and take it to a mechanic?

thanks for the help!

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Well I do not work for free, I would not expect anyone else to. The Ford scan tool software is not cheap, and it is an ongoing expense as it has to be updated periodically. We are talking thousands of dollars here.

Since I have had access to the Ford scan tools for a couple decades now, I do not know of any that do everything it does, never needed to. I suppose some Snap-On and OTC scan tools have the capability to access the ABS controller on one, but they will not be able to do software updates and module reprogramming like the Ford IDS does.

Sorry I cannot help more. Our shop can certainly take care of it though.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
AutoEnginuity has a scan tool that works for Ford, you have to buy the software module though on top of the normal interface cost.

-J

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
Well I do not work for free, I would not expect anyone else to. The Ford scan tool software is not cheap, and it is an ongoing expense as it has to be updated periodically. We are talking thousands of dollars here.

Since I have had access to the Ford scan tools for a couple decades now, I do not know of any that do everything it does, never needed to. I suppose some Snap-On and OTC scan tools have the capability to access the ABS controller on one, but they will not be able to do software updates and module reprogramming like the Ford IDS does.

Sorry I cannot help more. Our shop can certainly take care of it though.
thanks, too bad you are far away.
When i asked who was doing it for free, i was referring to some big chain store like autozone or similar.
I will take it to a mechanic and see what they say :)

thanks

C.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
so the codes are C1155 and C1155-E0 left font wheel speed sensor.

i read there are some TSB out for water enering the harness connection...i think it might be my case because when it rains or is cold, i have the error more often than when it is above 40F