05 jetta to do's

tek004r

TDI
1998 beetle
Hello

We had a few problems with forgetting the lights on in the car witch resulted to battery troubles, can anyone either confirm (or discredit) whether us and mexico vw jetta have a chime for the headlight switch when comparing for example the European mk4 golf that does have it? I will check in later Thx

P.s could also use a link for Diy glow plug replacement.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Google will take you to several glow plug replacements. The bit that stuck with me is the *NEVER EXCEED* torque limits. IIRC that was 35 ft-lbs, but go find the Frank06 write up...and don't trust my memory to something so important.

Just as a general rule, plan to do the removal when the engine is HOT; the AL head will expand more than the steel plugs and the additional 'loose-ness' will aid the removal. Proceed with caution and good tools.
cheers,
Douglas

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
If you don't get the headlight reminder when opening the door - your door lock module is bad. I have 2 mkiv jettas - one has a bad driver side, the other passenger. My 04 works when opened from the outside, but not the inside (only helps if you reopen the door with the headlights on!).