05.5 Jetta oil extraction question (newbie)

fish_on

TDI
2010 Jetta, White, DSG
I just attempted the dipstick using the Mityvac 07201 extractor. I had the engine nice and warm. I started with the rear higher than the front and when I inserted the extraction tube it went to the bottom of the dipstick and stopped. I switched to the smaller tube and the same thing happened but I was able to force it in until it hit with a thud (about 4"). The pump worked real well but I was only able to get 1 liter out. When I had the tube all the way in it would suck air, I had to pull it up a little to get any oil. After 1L it would only suck air, even when I leveled out the car.

1-what angle does the dipstick enter the pan?
2-is the front or rear higher better or is level better?
3-what can I do to get more of the oil out?

I got 2 filters from my VW dealer and a case of 505.01, when I took the filter off it was short and fat and the ones they sold me were long and skinny. I assume they sold me filters for the older engine.?

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
I was only able to get 3.5 liters out with a Pela extractor. I was on level ground when I did mine.

I'm about 3000 miles away from my next change; I want to play around some more to see if I can get any more oil out.

fish_on

TDI
2010 Jetta, White, DSG
05.5 Jetta oil extraction update

Went to the dealer and they were real easy to deal with, gave me the correct filters and 5qts of oil. I bought some flexable 1/8" clear tubing and used that down the dipstick. This worked much better, the extraction took longer but I got 4.5L of oil out! Now to do the Bug.