05 1.9 sharan tdi gear oil change

Ad777

TDI
05 Sharan 1.9 tdi
Hi all, have got the drain plug, but struggling to find filler! Anyone ever done this? Thanks.

Ad777

TDI
05 Sharan 1.9 tdi
Thanks for quick reply. Yes, manual. I have had another look, there is a 16 mm headed bolt high up casing, rhs as you look from the front, above starter motor. Likely candidate?

Ad777

TDI
05 Sharan 1.9 tdi
That looks like the very one! Thank you very much for taking the time to hunt that out...greatly appreciated!

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Most of the literature shows that that gearbox should take about 2.5 - 2.8L of fluid. If you can get that much back into the trans, you would be good.

Ad777

TDI
05 Sharan 1.9 tdi
2.5, I believe. The bolt has been rounded 🙄 so going to have to get an extractor and a new bolt. Nothing is straightforward!

Ad777

TDI
05 Sharan 1.9 tdi
Most of the literature shows that that gearbox should take about 2.5 - 2.8L of fluid. If you can get that much back into the trans, you would be good.
Could I ask you a bit more about this please?! I did it yesterday but have a feeling I have done something wrong! Thanks

Ad777

TDI
05 Sharan 1.9 tdi
Sooo..I changed the oil yesterday. I took out what I thought was the filler nut, above the starter motor, and after draining got in just under 2.5 lt. I went under car to check for leaks today, and saw another recessed screw out just like the one on the bottom! Much lower down than where I filled🤪 i think its where you pointed out but I picked the wrong one. The noise however is a lot better, and I'm wondering if I got away with it! I have marked things on the 2nd picture you pointed out, but not sure on how to attach...

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Sooo..I changed the oil yesterday. I took out what I thought was the filler nut, above the starter motor, and after draining got in just under 2.5 lt. I went under car to check for leaks today, and saw another recessed screw out just like the one on the bottom! Much lower down than where I filled🤪 i think its where you pointed out but I picked the wrong one. The noise however is a lot better, and I'm wondering if I got away with it! I have marked things on the 2nd picture you pointed out, but not sure on how to attach...

That wasn't me but yeh, sounds like you're ok. The plug is an Allen key socket, 15mm I think.
I've got the 2007 seat alhambra 2L tdi.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
If you got 2.5L into the gearbox then you are alright. what was the noise you were trying to resolve?

Ad777

TDI
05 Sharan 1.9 tdi
If you got 2.5L into the gearbox then you are alright. what was the noise you were trying to resolve?
Its a hard noise to describe..a grating whirring noise?! Particularly in first and second gear, and in the rest at lower revs. Almost like something was touching the casting. I had exactly the same in touran last year, and the gearbox eventually packed in. So must be a common issue with this type of gearbox!!