04 R32 trans woes !

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
A friend of mine has a 2004 mk4 r32... First and reverse are popping out of gear into neutral and 5th seems to be lagging on the shift ... She explains it as not letting off the clutch and giving it gas at the same time. Any input would be great! Thanks guys !!!

JamesTwo

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Sounds like the last problem could be a slipping clutch.

Popping out of gear can be caused by a misadjusted shifter or worn gears.

How many miles on the car?

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
68k miles on the car. Kinda low for a bad clutch.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
How long has she had the car? The car could of been abuse before she bought it.

Last edited:

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
She has only put 3k on it. Starting to seem like the car was beat on by the previous owner...

MonsterTDI09

TDI
She has only put 3k on it. Starting to seem like the car was beat on by the previous owner...
I bet this car was a weekend racer car. If the seller was young kid that would been a red flag to me. I would go back to seller and try to get some of your money back. I will go back with you I'm not that far from you.

Last edited:

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
Problem is the car was purchased from a stealership prolly 6 months ago... Has a 2 year 24k warranty but I feel like they are out to bang her over the head as they already denied her leaking sunroof.... I told her to bring it to Hevster to have it checked out.

MonsterTDI09

TDI
Problem is the car was purchased from a stealership prolly 6 months ago... Has a 2 year 24k warranty but I feel like they are out to bang her over the head as they already denied her leaking sunroof.... I told her to bring it to Hevster to have it checked out.
They knew it was on it's last leg when they sold it. Try to have them 1/2 for the repair. If you don't time for this and she needs the car for work. Just sell and eat the lost and move on.

JamesTwo

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Yea, now that I think about it, it's more than likely has a bent shift fork.