04 pd jetta minor troubles

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
nothing fatal, but this is a new car to me so i would like everything working properly. 1) when the lights are on, thie brites symbol (on the dash)doesnt go off all the way, when you turn on the brites, it gets brighter, but does really turn off (just fades a little), any suggestions? 2) cruise control not working either. 3) the climate control display, doesnt light up when the lights are on, also the vent control is very stiff (maybe just sticky?). 4) wiper motor not working, it seems like it wants to work, when you turn it on it nudges (they move just a little)the wipers but thats it. 5) one seat heater not working, but i already found a tread on that. any help appreciated

khale

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon 5-Speed, Reflex Silver (Sold)
You may want to check the bulbs. I also have a 2004 Jetta Wagon.

I had one of the fimaments in one of my bulbs break and short out in the bulb. The bright light symbol was on all of the time, and did get brighter when you actually turned on the brights.

If the car was off and you pulled the flash to pass it would turn on the blower motor.

When the mechanic wanted to replace the bulb, I was suprised to see that it was the problem.

Check and see that both of your low beams are working, and that your high beams also work. On mine it was the low beam that shorted out.

Thanks

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
thanks khale, that might just be it, one of my headlights appears to be out, so i will check today...thanks