04 BEW install

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
So I finally got everything together and went to go put the motor in. My first problem is I left the transmission (09A) in mainly because I dont have a lot of space to keep it. This leads me to the second problem, I got the motor in and the TC in to the crank shaft but it seems to be stuck and not seating all the way. I don't know. If I just need to work it more or if some thing is wrong. As of now i can spin the crank about 30* each way.

From what little info I found that was some what relevant I should get three distinct "klunks". The first should be the TC shaft sliding into the crank. The second I think should be the sound of TC seating around the pump and I don't remember what the third was supposed to be. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Its been a long day trying to get that thing in and seated in this heat. Any help is always appreciated.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
When I installed rebuilt automatics I use to spin the TC until it dropped in 2 clicks (iIrc)
I would wiggle the TC up & down while spinning it.
When I could not get my hand between the back of the converter and the bell housing I know it was all the way in.

This was on mostly American cars back then.
Not sure if the VW is the same.

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
Really need some help with this. I really dont know if its angle or if I messed up earlier and need to take it back out which I'm really hoping isnt the case