03 Jetta wagon for sale.

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
He finally posted it up on CL, I have been trying to get info out of him for a week on it. His car lot is in Springfield, but this is at a second house he owns I think, not sure. Anyway looks nice enough to me.

chickslo

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
Yes, this is a beautiful car. I had it inspected by an independent shop and it looks like the exterior and interior are in great shape.
Mechanically, however, there were some issues that will keep me from purchasing this car, even at this price.
Scott also withheld $75 from my deposit after I decided not to buy it, which was not our agreement. I offered to let him keep $75 only IF he would take it to one of the TDIclub recommended mechanics in Phoenix (a 45 minute drive each way for him) AND then didn't buy the car. But due to his obvious (understandable?) reluctance to do so, I found a shop closer to him in Gilbert and he agreed not to charge me.
Then he did.
Hopefully we will work this out, but since I found out about this car on this site, I thought I'd share my experience.
I'm brand new to the forums, but I've owned a 2003 TDI Golf before and hoping to own a TDI again soon! Keep me posted on any wagons. Will travel.:eek:

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
chickslo said:
Yes, this is a beautiful car. I had it inspected by an independent shop and it looks like the exterior and interior are in great shape.
Mechanically, however, there were some issues that will keep me from purchasing this car, even at this price.
Scott also withheld $75 from my deposit after I decided not to buy it, which was not our agreement. I offered to let him keep $75 only IF he would take it to one of the TDIclub recommended mechanics in Phoenix (a 45 minute drive each way for him) AND then didn't buy the car. But due to his obvious (understandable?) reluctance to do so, I found a shop closer to him in Gilbert and he agreed not to charge me.
Then he did.
Hopefully we will work this out, but since I found out about this car on this site, I thought I'd share my experience.
I'm brand new to the forums, but I've owned a 2003 TDI Golf before and hoping to own a TDI again soon! Keep me posted on any wagons. Will travel.:eek:
Good for you by performing your due diligence B4 forking out the bacon and preventing yourself from getting a real porking. Know whadda mean?;) As for the dealer trying to keep your deposit, it happens to be illegal here in CA for any dealer to not refund any and all monies for any reason upon request unless the vehicle has been delivered and driven off the lot. As silly or trivial as this sounds, you may want to consider taking this dealer to small claims court not for the loss of such a small amount of funds but, in attempt to making a strong statement that this type of unethical action should not and will not be tolerated. As I have specified many times, I am sick and tired of both the appeasement mindset of those who "let it slide" as well as the perps. actions and I have and will be a hawk against such actions in a heartbeat. Later!

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
Yes, I would like to know also. I just talked to him on the phone, but of course I am not anywhere near the car. So an inspection is in order anyway. He sounded like he was pretty straight up about the car on the phone, but........I would like to know what they are too.

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
Nice, I wish someone that has seen the car would let everyone know what is wrong with it.