03 Jetta 1.9 engine Revs high during acceleration on drive.

PoppinTDIcherry

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI 1.9L
Hello I am stuck on what can cause my engine to rev high while I accelerate on drive but vehicle stays on 1st gear. I have recently replaced the crankshaft sensor and that seemed to fix the issue for a couple of days but after running the vehicle for a good 30-40 minutes the issue started happening again and has randomly happened in the days following after the issue at hand started again. I have tried letting the vehicle warm up to operating temp but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I sometimes have forced the vehicle to shift into gear by fully pressing on the gas pedal and easing off once RPMs hit 5000 and that seems to be the only way for the vehicle to enter the next gear and drive regularly ,however once I come to a stop and begin to drive again the vehicle will not leave first gear again and the RPMs just go up like crazy. I know that isn't good for the vehicle so if anyone has had similar issues or knows a solution for someone who doesn't have a lot of money for car repairs I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thank you

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Sounds like another 01m is about to bite the dust. Kansascitytdi.com He has several diy instructions on changing the fluid, valve body etc. Sometimes one or both of these procedures will help or even solve the transmission problems you are having short term. The only real cure , long term, for the 01m (that’s your transmission) is to do the 5 speed swap.