I am selling my 03 Golf GLS.
-Manual transmission
-139K miles
-stock except for Defender skid plate
-will need new struts but on hold in case you want to consider your own choice
-TB changed at 80K by Hutchinson Auto in Bghm, AL
-VW racks come with vehicle
-interior is in excellent condition
-exterior: Southeast car with no rust, paint in very good condition with only minor chips expected from mostly highway driving.

-Brand new Bentley manual comes with the purchase if you want it, otherwise I will sell it separately.

I purchased this car based on research from this forum. I thought I would be more of an enthusiast but I am not a mechanic (despite owning and maintaining a 71 Super Beetle for 12 years in the 80's and 90's) and frankly want a bigger vehicle/truck that I can use better.

I am asking $8500 obo.
I paid more. I do expect some negotiation and I am willing to work with you on a fair deal. I just cannot take too big a beating since I am currently between jobs. It is a nice car.
I will post pictures this afternoon and I am expecting your questions.

Last edited:

Stiesel

TDI
None for now
I need to sell the car soon (relocating and do not want to take it with me) so I will go ahead and lower the asking price to $7900 to see if anyone is interested enough to start negotiating...

DieselMarauder

TDI
1997 B4V
I'm interested. Do you have any more pictures of the interior? What options does it have? Let me know if I have to take a road trip to Missouri or if you happen to be moving to Jersey.

Stiesel

TDI
None for now
Thank you for those who did show interest. A buyer called this afternoon and came directly over to buy it. I referred him to this forum and he will be joining to support this most helpful of websites.