02J clutch hydraulic hard line leak

codeweiler

TDI
2003 golf tdi
Quick question about the hard line on the clutch hose that goes from master to slave cylinder.
I occasionally get an intermittent soft clutch where the pedal partially depresses and in looking things over I wondered about the hard line where it first meets the washer/flange portion.
I am able to rotate the hard line fairly easily as it travels through the connection and I am trying to decide if that is normal or if it should be a more firm seal.
Just trying to figure out what could be bad and giving me a loss of pressure.
Slave cylinder isn't obviously leaking, unsure about the master.
I do have a bit of a stain of what could be brake fluid beneath the quick connect spot over the tranny.
I'm wondering either orings or the actual line itself vs slave. So before I replace things that don't need replacing and fix nothing I thought I would ask here first.
Thanks,
Cody

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
I would do a good bleeding of the clutch system and flush it out…..it’s often the most over looked system.
If problem still persists then I would be considering a new clutch slave cylinder….just my .02…

codeweiler

TDI
2003 golf tdi
I would do a good bleeding of the clutch system and flush it out…..it’s often the most over looked system.
If problem still persists then I would be considering a new clutch slave cylinder….just my .02…
See I bled the system approximately 2 years ago when I swapped it in. It's only now giving problems. And it is intermittent in the partial depression which makes me wonder if a bit of brake fluid is leaking out somewhere. Like I said, the slave looks okay. It's more the hard line entering the slave I wonder about since it looks stained underneath there. I might have to get a helper to push the clutch in and out a bunch and see what I see.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
I usually use a bicycle hand pump. Push it down with it and jam it to the base of the seat then crack the bleed screw.
Just recently I bought a motive pressure bleeder , and that seems to work pretty good , but used the above method to do brakes for years…….never anyone around when I need to bleed …..