02 Jetta TDI Part Out

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
None - did own '01 and '02 Jetta TDI
I have finally gotten around to stripping the odd part off my car before it goes to the junkyard. Is anyone looking for anything, I am planning on getting it towed away by the end of October so if you want anything, let me know. I am currently working fulltime and doing my CGA course so I don't have much time to do car work.

There was 600,000 km on the car, turbo let go, and took out engine.

The alternator (Bosch) was replaced about 30,000 km before the turbo failure. Everything is OEM.

I have taken the trunk lid as my '01 TDI needs it.

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
Still in the car, still working great (no broken hinges or latches).
Looks like a pain to remove, but what is it worth to you?

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf - Gone in BUYBACK. Replaced with 2015 Golf
ahh, yes. I remember your story of just barely making the 600,000 km mark. This car deserves a proper send off. When are visiting hours for the wake at the junk yard?

3800rpmDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wgn 5spd w/ mods, '03 Wgn 5spd stock, '05 Passat Wgn - chainless.
Are these parts available?:

- engine cover, underside splash shield
- alternator
- glow plugs (how old are they?)
- seats - leather or cloth? I assume drivers is worn out, but if passenger is in good shape & heated I'd be interested.
- rear brake calipers - how old are they?
- front door latch assemblies (L & R sides) - are they original?

Let me know if this stuff is available (and/or you have time to take them out of the car), then we can PM for price and details...

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
ahh, yes. I remember your story of just barely making the 600,000 km mark. This car deserves a proper send off. When are visiting hours for the wake at the junk yard?
I will have the obituary advertised a week prior to final (assisted) voyage.

Engine cover - I have two, I don't use either one.
Alternator - just replaced it the previous spring - I would assume it has about 30,000 km on it.
Glow Plugs - replaced approx 120,000km previous
Seats - cloth - not bad shape, heated - they still get hot
brakes/suspension - car sat outside for 6 months so they rusted pretty good, actually all bolts are nasty everywhere on the car (even the valve cover).
Door latches - original - working well, doors are hard to open, but I think the doors are sagging rather than the latches not working.

3800rpmDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wgn 5spd w/ mods, '03 Wgn 5spd stock, '05 Passat Wgn - chainless.
OK, thanks, I sent you a private message... I assume the car is parked in Berwick?

I will have the obituary advertised a week prior to final (assisted) voyage.

Engine cover - I have two, I don't use either one.
Alternator - just replaced it the previous spring - I would assume it has about 30,000 km on it.
Glow Plugs - replaced approx 120,000km previous
Seats - cloth - not bad shape, heated - they still get hot
brakes/suspension - car sat outside for 6 months so they rusted pretty good, actually all bolts are nasty everywhere on the car (even the valve cover).
Door latches - original - working well, doors are hard to open, but I think the doors are sagging rather than the latches not working.

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys,

I have been extremely busy and its not getting much better. For those who want the glove box and seats, what price do you want to pay to have me pull them out and sell them to you. You name the price (in a pm) and I'll decide whether to do it for that amount...:)

I will pm those who respond...

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys,

I have run out of time to dismantle the car over the next couple weeks. I will most likely send it off to the junk yard in the last week of October.

If you want the car, less the parts that I have stripped out, you can have it for free, but you will need to flat bed it out by October 20th. It still has 4 wheels but they are old and probably not road worthy to tow.

Some of the items that are still good - steering wheel, stalks, radio, door panels (except driver's), seats front and rear, headliner - dirty but no tears and intact, headrests, glove box, windshield - only 6 months old, speakers all work.

Mike

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, my car is gone. I stripped all the small stuff out the engine bay to be sold or used in my car, whichever comes first.

The rest of the car was picked up by "Rollin-Coal" to be further dismantled and transplanted into his car.

Not bad for a 600,000km / 11-year old car.

silverbox

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta wagon 2003 silver
If you have an engine cover with good foam, I know this is unlikely unless it was not on the car for many miles, could you save this for me?

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
I will check both engine covers to see if the foam is intact. now where did I store them...I have had one on my car in years.

Rollin-Coal

TDI
2000 Jetta 2001 golf
I'm in Middleton but can run them up this weekend pm ur email or cell I'm pulling them out tomorrow I will clean them up and send pics