01M transmission logs

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
My transmission acted up. I have researched here for answers. Boy did I find a lot of answers. I am still unemployed so I was looking for the cheapest route to repair the issue. While searching for answers, I came across to CoolAirVW and learned that he is very knowledgeable on trannies. I emailed him and asked him to look at my logs. He said that the only way he will look at it is that I make the charts and posted it on the forums.

Before you start say anything about the ATF fluid, yes I did check that and topped it off with about 3/4 of a quart.

So here is goes as requested:

First I copied the code from the VagCom then I cleared it.

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01M-927-733.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 01M 927 733 KA
Component and/or Version: AG4 Getriebe 01M 4836
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
VCID: 79F4FB2449AB
1 Fault Found:

01192 - Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch
04-00 - Mechanical Malfunction

One thing I did notice about my code when searching for answers, I don't have the Implausible or Intermittent after the words "Mechanical Malfunction" like others did. Not sure what the difference means.

Next I made a run and it did go thru all gears.

I decided to do it again. This time something happened in the lock-up slipping. I am not sure what it is or why it happened.

So I made one more log before going home.

Still no check engine light or any codes.

Finally I went home and let it cool off. About 3 hours later, I decided to do the tranny reset and try again. It did go thru all gears. I made two more logs so here are the charts below. Still no CEL.

I decide to do one with maintaining the throttle and see if I can get 4th gear as I didn't on the previous log. Finally, nearly 5000rpm!

Still no CEL today.

So there, hope it is enough for CoolAirVW to determine the severity of the tranny or whatever he needs to know.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Your last graph seems to have some slip showing, but the rest are inconclusive. But the code is almost always repairable with valve body work.

My 01m part 2 and part 3 thread describes how to graph the TCC, but what you need to do is get the TCC applied, then "load up" the TCC by stepping into the throttle, preferably while heading up a hill. If under these circumstances the graph shows TCC slip, then that is confirmation that the TCC is slipping. Here's the links to 01m part 2 and 3. Part 2 has a graph of a TCC slip.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=250194&highlight=01m

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2625671#post2625671

Even without that confirmation the code is probably enough info.

Since you have allready confimred that the fluid is full, try to get a graph confirming the slip, and at some point you'll need pull the pan and break open the filter to make sure you dont have metal indicating the trans failing.

If you want to try a valve body I can send you a exchange or you can send me yours. Read through my 01m faq on my webpage and the 01m valve body section of my webpage.

Last edited: