'01 NB GLS TDI

STNK BG 1

Veteran Member
TDI
NB,2001,yellow
\'01 NB GLS TDI

Yesterday morning we took delivery of a 2001 NB GLS TDI (yellow, box stock). Our dealer found 1 car in 11 states that didn't have the danged hole in the roof. (And was yellow/grey. And was TDI.) We bought this car to keep, and to keep from racking up miles on the T & C my wife drives to work daily. I have but one question (for now). Why dosen't VW put the TDI badge on this car, and can I get one and put it on if I want to?

Karl Roenick

Top Post Dawg
Re: \'01 NB GLS TDI

GREETINGS from a fellow Buglodite. And a yellow one at that. You can motor on down to your dealer and order one right from him. The current convention on Fred's, and where I put mine, is an inch or two under the VW symbol in the back.
Good luck with your new car!

STNK BG 1

Veteran Member
TDI
NB,2001,yellow

Thank's, Karl. I'll see the dealer this week. He is the closest of 3 here in central IL, but still 45 miles away. I read on the site here that someone got the Euro version with a red "I". Any idea where?

[This message has been edited by STNK BG 1 (edited August 19, 2000).]

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI

Congrats STNK on your new ride. Our 00 NB keeps amazing us with the great design, get ready to smile and meet a lot of strangers with old VW tales... I have found the above mentioned link to aiwana.com to be always fair and always reliable. I got a TDI emblem from them, but chickened-out and could not put it on my paint. I stuck it on the center bottom of the rear window, right above the center brake light. Subtle, but I know it's there. What I really want is a huge "D-I-E-S-E-L" banner, but the wife says no...

------------------
00TDI NB/Auto/Red
TVA Pipes, VW splashguards,
TDI script

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.

Actually, I like the stealth quality of having absolutely no badges on my car at all.

You really know you've met a dieselhead when they come up to you and breathlessly ask you, 'HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR TDI?!' instead of 'how do you like your beetle?'

...That's happened twice now.

------------------
BeetleGo, all over dee place!

"You said this was a DIESEL?!"

FrankNH

TDI
2000 Beetle TDI
This is an old post I know. Was surfing through some olds ones and wanted to share my experience
I have owned a 2000 New Beetle TDI 5sp since year 2000. I have 458,000 miles on it, the engine has never been apart other than scheduled timing belt replacements. I will not part with this car!! ;)