01 Jetta TDI 5 Speed, Complete Car, Rear Damage, No Title, KY

74vwsb

TDI
85 GTI-Lifted with AHU swap & Several Gassers
2001 Jetta TDI 5 Speed. 118,000 miles. Junked Title. Starts, runs, and drives. Severe rear end damage. Previous owner was rear-ended at a stop light.

I bought the car for a swap that didn't materialize. This is a great candidate for a swap or to freshen up a high mileage car.

Rear body and rear interior is shot. Black interior, but not very clean. Minor hood damage and front bumper scuffs. No headlights. 2 Keys. Otherwise it is what you see. Complete mechanical car. I drove it off the trailer and across the street to my house.

Located in Lexington, KY.

$1250 firm (can deliver within 100 miles for additional $)
PM, email, or text for fastest response (8five9.five5zero.three3three3)

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
For not much more you could buy one of those that is NOT wrecked.

I would suggest parting that one out, you'll get more out of it that way. But I understand if you cannot do that.

I think the 5sp swap stuff alone may sell for $500-750, the engine maybe $750, maybe more I guess.

I have a car that needs an engine, and I gave $0 for the car. I'd be willing to buy your car for $500 and give you whatever I could sell the 5sp swap stuff for (I won't need that). I know that is a lowball, so don't be offended. Shame they got rear ended. :(

74vwsb

TDI
No offense taken. The price is OBO of course. After looking semi local and on the forums, it's becoming hard to find a low mileage motor/trans. I have the capability to part it out, and likely will do so if someone doesn't want it complete. I wanted to give the opportunity for someone to test the drivetrain and car before purchase. A running motor is better than one on a pallet in my book.

It is a shame indeed. The motor is in great shape, no leaks, good power. It was a nice car at one point. I start it and drive it around the neighborhood every few weeks to keep it fresh.

Thanks for your advice and offer.

oilhammer

TDI
Well I am possibly interested in the engine, just the long block (no manifolds, pump, etc.). But I could be interested either way.

I am currently trying to part out a 2000 GTI, and suprisingly I have had pretty much ZERO interest in ANYTHING on that car. :eek:

74vwsb

TDI
New final price. Someone come get this thing. One week till I cut it up. I'll entertain partial/full trades for things that go bang.

oilhammer

TDI
My offer of $500 and giving you whatever I can sell the 5sp conversion parts for is still there. I can come tow it home.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
If still available I may have a buyer for it complete... or I buy it myself to swap the trans into my son's 2001 JEtta TDI. Please advise via email at tobinemail@aol.com as I do not get on here all that frequently anymore...

Thanks,
Chris

oilhammer

TDI
Chris, I am still interested in the engine if you want to sell just that to me if you buy it complete.

I just cannot pay $1250 for the whole car when all I need is the engine.

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Chris, I am still interested in the engine if you want to sell just that to me if you buy it complete.

I just cannot pay $1250 for the whole car when all I need is the engine.
We might be able to do that... The guy that I might help buy it is wanting the engine to go into his RX7 Lemons racer...

But if we get it, I really only want the manual trans stuff...

Maybe we should split it up huh???

I haven't heard from the OP yet... Not sure if he sold it yet or not... Hopefully it is still available.

Maybe Monday will tell us... I'm out of here for the weekend...

Have a good one,
Chris

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
OP got back to me via text that the car is sold... If the new owner wants to sell the parts wed need to convert my sons 01 Jetta TDI from an auto to a the manual let me know.

Thanks,
CT