Search results

1. riddleyo

WTB 2012-2014 Passat TDI SE 6M

I'm located in Ohio, but willing to travel a bit to find the perfect car. Looking for a Passat TDI with a 6-speed. Preferably 2013 with a black interior. Let me know what you got!
  2. riddleyo

Mk5 Golf TDI 4motion AWD Question

Does anybody know what my options are in building a MK5 Golf with a TDI motor and 4 motion? Assuming I have the fabrication skills and $$$, how feasible are these options? I have seen MKIV R32 swaps, MKIV floor pan swaps, but I am specifically interested in the MK5 platform. 1.) MK5 R32 -> Swap...
  3. riddleyo

CR TDI into Audi TT?

Question... does a CR TDI swap into an 2007+ Audi TT quattro with relatively little trouble? Does anyone have any experience with this swap? I know of the 1.9 TDI swaps into MK4 Audi TTs, but I'm looking into the next generation of audis. I also know that Europe has this TDI quattro...
  4. riddleyo

Repair Automatic Shifter Cover Strip + Remove Soft Touch and Polish

I took some time to take a few photos of my work today since it was a nice peaceful sunny day. Repaired my "Automatic Transnsmission Shifter Cover Strip" since it was destroyed and fell into my center console. Also removed a bunch of soft touch pieces and polished them up. On to the pictures...
  5. riddleyo

Priming the oil pump on an ALH

I have noticed that immediately after an oil change or several days of working on a car without starting, it sounds like the lifters aren't getting sufficient oil flow during the first few seconds of running. The engine is noticeably louder and clanky-er for the first few seconds, and then...
  6. riddleyo

My Squealing Belt Noise (Video Inside)

For the past week or so, my engine bay has gotten louder. I notice a rhythmic squealing noise from the serpentine belt area at idle. Any RPMs above idle, the noise disappears. My first guesses are either the serpentine belt tensioner/idler or the alternator pulley. I haven't taken the belt...
  7. riddleyo

Proud New Owner of a 2002 Jetta GLS TDI!

Hello! I have been lurking these forums and looking for a TDI that I could call my own for a while now. After a couple of years looking for a nice TDI, I have finally made a purchase! I am a proud new owner of a 2002 Jetta GLS TDI with 54000 miles on the clock. Here it is: It has taken...
  8. riddleyo

WTB: 2004-2005 Passat TDI - OHIO / OH

Hello, Just like the title says - looking to buy a B5.5 Passat TDI in Ohio / OH. If you have one, or know of anyone who has one, let me know. Craigslist is turning up empty, and I may resort to talking to (and overpaying) the dealers on Autotrader... I'm comfortable working on diesel engines...
  9. riddleyo

Castrol Synthetic 5w30 = run away?

Castrol Synthetic 5w30 in a 2001 TDI - Should I run away? I have my eye on buying my first TDI - a 2001 Jetta TDI GLS with 153,000 miles. I went to test drive it today, and one of my many questions was: "What oil do you use?" His response was: "Synthetic every 5000 miles" I asked him, "Can I...
  10. riddleyo

2001 Jetta Worth It?

I have been looking to buy a Jetta TDI for a while now, and a local one caught my eye. There is a guy selling a 2001 Jetta TDI GL. It has 153,000 miles, sunroof, tan leather interior, heated seats, and a 5 disc player. The timing belt was changed at 80,000 miles, so a new timing belt is due. It...
  11. riddleyo

Should I become a TDI owner?

Hello all, I am not a TDI owner yet. I have been lurking the forums for quite some time now. I love the 1999-2005 Jetta body style. And I love diesel. And I love turbos!!! Currently, I own a 1985 VW Golf Diesel (1.6L N/A). It is awesome on gas mileage but a little bit outdated for my tastes...